Front derailer braze on adapter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

milkbaby

by milkbaby

For frames that don't have a FD braze on, how well has the Parlee carbon adapter worked? It seems like a good choice since it is probably quite light and the design looks like it is least likely to crush the seattube. I live in flat lands, so I don't shift the front often, but curious to the shift quality both mechanical and electronic. Thank you.
Last edited by milkbaby on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

I had it on my Ritchey, which has moved on to my Father. He still uses the Parlee clamp. even without knowing what it is and who made it. The clamp uses the best design (completely around the seat post) and it is stiff enough to give solid shifts on Sram setups. On my bike it was Red with Yaw front mech. My father rides with Force and Yaw mech.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I used one for a SW Tarmac [2006]. It would slip but after installing a piece of cloth tape between the clamp and tube, it was fine [the plastic tape Parlee gives you sucks, electric tape was worst]. I used it with a SR11 groupset and finally updated to the SR EPS. Both worked fine.

From my understanding, they updated the clamp for electric shifting [stiffer]. I had an early version and never had a problem.
Last edited by Butcher on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bogan

by Bogan

I am using a Parlee clamp with DA 7800. It slipped once. Just tightened up a little more and it hasn't moved since. That was 6 months ago. Me like.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

androidavies

by androidavies

I had one on a Z3 I think it was. Dura Ace 9000, it was supplied with some clear tape to put under it. Clamped up very nicely, and gave no trouble in the year I used the bike. No real worries about crushing the seat tube by over-tightening either, it's a perfect fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChrisSnyder

by ChrisSnyder

I got one second hand and didn't get that tape so I just used the carbon paste and it worked great.
Alchemy Custom
8.3kg - Not so WW