CAAD 10 problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

asv

by asv

Couse1986 wrote:it's digusting that cannondale just ignore all the problems that are having, why should people try and fix it themselves when the problem is with their product, a lot of people are having creaky BBs on dales and yet bike magazines/websites still give them good reviews.

I haven't had any problems with my CAAD10 or EVO. IMO Cannondale has a good rep when it comes to quality control. CAAD10 seems to be the most popular race bike in my region.

dvdslw

by dvdslw

Couse1986 wrote:it's digusting that cannondale just ignore all the problems that are having, why should people try and fix it themselves when the problem is with their product, a lot of people are having creaky BBs on dales and yet bike magazines/websites still give them good reviews.

Really? Cannondale makes some of the best bikes on the planet. The "creaky" Bottom Brackets are on every bike made with a BB30 not just Cannondale and when installed correctly works just fine. If you bought a bike with a BB30 and it's noisy, just have your local bike shop press out the bearings with the proper tools, clean everything, and reassemble with a light coat of green loctite on the bearing to frame mounting surface. This can be performed under warranty on a new purchase for free, out of warranty for about $25.00, or yourself if you have the tools and know how for $5.00 Sure it may be an inconvenience but "Disgusting"? Give me a break!

Also to the op, it appears the tire rub is a problem with the brakes not the frame. Brakes are cheap so maybe try another brand? My Caad10 has Ultegra brakes and there's a ton of room there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

superdx

by superdx

I had a creaky bottom bracket on my Synapse when I bought it initially. The shop just regreased everything and it hasn't reappeared since.

Not worth the hand-wringing in this post imo

aram

by aram

dvdslw wrote:
Also to the op, it appears the tire rub is a problem with the brakes not the frame. Brakes are cheap so maybe try another brand? My Caad10 has Ultegra brakes and there's a ton of room there.

Yeah I think that would be the obvious solution. I don't think newer shiman brakes have the correct pull ratio for sram though. Might have to use the older ones (7800/6600 era) or another brand caliper. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.