CAAD 10 problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

asv

by asv

Couse1986 wrote:it's digusting that cannondale just ignore all the problems that are having, why should people try and fix it themselves when the problem is with their product, a lot of people are having creaky BBs on dales and yet bike magazines/websites still give them good reviews.

I haven't had any problems with my CAAD10 or EVO. IMO Cannondale has a good rep when it comes to quality control. CAAD10 seems to be the most popular race bike in my region.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvdslw

by dvdslw

Couse1986 wrote:it's digusting that cannondale just ignore all the problems that are having, why should people try and fix it themselves when the problem is with their product, a lot of people are having creaky BBs on dales and yet bike magazines/websites still give them good reviews.

Really? Cannondale makes some of the best bikes on the planet. The "creaky" Bottom Brackets are on every bike made with a BB30 not just Cannondale and when installed correctly works just fine. If you bought a bike with a BB30 and it's noisy, just have your local bike shop press out the bearings with the proper tools, clean everything, and reassemble with a light coat of green loctite on the bearing to frame mounting surface. This can be performed under warranty on a new purchase for free, out of warranty for about $25.00, or yourself if you have the tools and know how for $5.00 Sure it may be an inconvenience but "Disgusting"? Give me a break!

Also to the op, it appears the tire rub is a problem with the brakes not the frame. Brakes are cheap so maybe try another brand? My Caad10 has Ultegra brakes and there's a ton of room there.

superdx

by superdx

I had a creaky bottom bracket on my Synapse when I bought it initially. The shop just regreased everything and it hasn't reappeared since.

Not worth the hand-wringing in this post imo

aram

by aram

dvdslw wrote:
Also to the op, it appears the tire rub is a problem with the brakes not the frame. Brakes are cheap so maybe try another brand? My Caad10 has Ultegra brakes and there's a ton of room there.

Yeah I think that would be the obvious solution. I don't think newer shiman brakes have the correct pull ratio for sram though. Might have to use the older ones (7800/6600 era) or another brand caliper. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.