De Rosa King XS v Colnago C60

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Be interested in peoples thoughts on both frames. Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

td100

by td100

C60 would be my choice the King XS seems more of a V1-R rival
Colnago C59 Italia
Fondriest TF2 1.0
Time Skylon

kgt

by kgt

No doubt C60 is a better frame that will keep a high value for many years. King XS is a good frame but there are many frames as good. XS's brakes is a disadvantage as well.

jimborello

by jimborello

I agree with kgt, Colnago frames age better than de Rosa frames and they keep the value longer.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

cheers guys!

tinozee

by tinozee

I like both frames but I think I would try the De Rosa for the looks and the shorter head tube/stack. The c60 has a bit of a tall front end imo and you se them all the time.

Harmitc

by Harmitc

tinozee wrote:I like both frames but I think I would try the De Rosa for the looks and the shorter head tube/stack. The c60 has a bit of a tall front end imo and you se them all the time.

You see C60's all the time? You don't where I live!

tinozee

by tinozee

C50, C59, C60 and Dogmas even more. Second only to Spec Tarmac & Venge, and maybe. Even Competitive Cyclist sells them now. This year i'm sure there will be a handful of F8s around due to Team Sky. But I never see a modern DeRosa.

Harmitc

by Harmitc

Oh well I must live in a desert of nice Italian frames! Been out all week riding and lots of Treks,........Giants......Specialized but didn't see one C60! Did see a Dogma but just one!

Alfie22

by Alfie22

C60 would also be my choice.

racersir

by racersir

If you're thinking of a deRosa you should consider the Protos.

SuperflyRick

by SuperflyRick

I have a king Xs, cant compare the riding with any Colnago, but as far as beauty goes i think the King Xs is one of the most beautifull bikes in the world at the moment. And it still rides great.

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

jimborello wrote:I agree with kgt, Colnago frames age better than de Rosa frames and they keep the value longer.

That's a bit of a generalized statement. I have a '96 DeRosa Primato that is every bit as good and has held its value. But then, that was the pinnacle of steel racing frames at the time.

Today, would have to agree that a Colnago C60 will likely hold its value better than DeRosa King XS. I actually considered the King but the brakes were a no go and I wanted a frame that was actually made in Italy - yes, a C60 in traditional geo is now in production and hope to receive in a few weeks.
It only hurts if you think.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

tinozee wrote:C50, C59, C60 and Dogmas even more. Second only to Spec Tarmac & Venge, and maybe. Even Competitive Cyclist sells them now. This year i'm sure there will be a handful of F8s around due to Team Sky. But I never see a modern DeRosa.

It sounds like we live in the same area (Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Delray Beach)? I ride with everything from Trek Madones, and Spec Venge Tarmacs to Colnago, Pinarello, Wilier, Cipollini and Cervelo RCA but I've only seen one De Rosa King XS on the road. I know there are a few Protos around but have yet to see one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

racersir wrote:If you're thinking of a deRosa you should consider the Protos.

Only if you can afford a $10,000 frame. That's my major sticking point.