Look 795/ 695 VS Pinarello F8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Anyone who have had the honour of riding all 3 of them?
Always wanted a Look 695, but i wonder how the 795 feels compared to 695.
I mean, who doesn't?
Also have a curiousity of the hyped F8.
I went another route buying Ax Vial EVO D to get a lighter build.
Overhere, there's no possibilty to test any of them really.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

madonna

by madonna

LOOK695 is telling you that you need to use LOOK ZED crank, Stem, headset and Seat post.
(To be honest that I had creaking issues with their crank and headset which they don't give a damm to service you)

Pinarello F8 can adapt to any cranks and stems of your choice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Go the Evo even if just for the unique factor.
Using Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

madonna, i am aware of the fact that what is the integration in any Look frameset, is both it's plus and minus. I have not heard of the creaking before though!
Thanks for telling. I mostly wonder of the ride feel of these three framesets. I don't know the weight for 55 or 56 size full frameset of F8, but it seems it is about 800g + over Vial EVO D frameset.

Nefarious86, i have Vial EVO D. I am just curious of the above framesets.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

djconnel

by djconnel

You get your choice of crankset on the Pina? Can you choose the Zed ? :)

If you think crankset stiffness is important, there's none better than the Zed for stiffness/weight.

I think the Look 795 is pretty freakin' cool. It may not win weightweenie contests, but then neither does the F8.

mimason

by mimason

I have not ridden the Look bike but they were on my list of bikes available to me. I was able to ride the F8 for a few days before I decided to go that route. Some of the decision to go with the F8 over the Look was the proprietary nature of the design and serviceability. I had that on my list of negatives/unknows for the Look. I am no mechanic but I do the easy to medium stuff myself and decided that the brakes, headset and BB/crank variables were just a little more that I was willing to take on. Granted having been able to ride and liking the F8 was the real deciding factor, I can't deny that the threaded BB, standard brakes, stem etc. really was appealing to me....plus the good deal i received. :)

My F8 is not super light but it feels light under me and climbs like a goat and is very snappy. It's stiffness lends it to be a very efficient but it is comfortable as well. Mine is a size 54 and I have it under 6.8kg with climbing wheels and Di2 w/ DA pedals.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

I've never ridden the F8 but I was riding Looks more or less untill the 695 came out. What turned me off was the integrity issue - if you don't mind being denied the choice of your gear, you'll most likely love the 695
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

I had a Look 695 and you can run any cranks you want on it. There is a BB adapter available that reduces the shell down to a normal size (I ran hollow tech in mine).

NeoHK

by NeoHK

Pokerface07 wrote:I had a Look 695 and you can run any cranks you want on it. There is a BB adapter available that reduces the shell down to a normal size (I ran hollow tech in mine).

May I ask the torque of those 3 screw for the adapter
I can not find any instruction about it
Thank you

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well I have gone for the 795 aerolight all ordered. Never ridden the F8 or the Look so this is an expensive leap of faith. I think the Look frame will be the most aero but this is a hope as I have not seen any wind tunnel tests for it.

I think both bikes will be excellent. Which do you like the look of excuse the pun. Also for me as I am a dealer creaking does not worry me as the U.K distributor offers excellent service so any issues will be sorted.

Pez on here has ridden a 795 aerolight and he liked it. Most testers who have ridden one have liked it too but have commented that conventional brakes work better. Look claim the 795 has 11% lower drag than the 695 but offer no data to back that up.

At this sort of price point can you really buy a bad bike? Cervelo S5 is another option I considered, not sure which one is the "best" I know which one catches my eye the most though.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

bm0p700f wrote:At this sort of price point can you really buy a bad bike? Cervelo S5 is another option I considered, not sure which one is the "best" I know which one catches my eye the most though.

Naturally no bike at that price point is going to be 'bad'. However, its certainly possible that the balance of a frames various ride qualities might not be optimal for what one might be looking for. Thats why people ask "which bike is better". Really, they should be asking "what are the balance of properties that characterise this frame over another". The inquirer can then make and inference from there "that property balance of frame X adheres to my beliefs that I am I think I am biased towards, therefore I chose frame X over frame Y".
A crude example, is a someone who wants an ultra stiff racing bike buying a Giant Defy SL instead of the TCR or Propel SL. The three bikes are just as expensive as each other but emphasise different properties. Thus one frame may be better relative to the disposition of the purchaser.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

nismosr

by nismosr

2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

madonna

by madonna

Do I need to apply locite on the BB adaptor?

superdx

by superdx

I'm kind of a doofus when it comes to BB conversions - does this adapter mean you can also run a BB30 crank on a 695 frame with a BSA>BB30 adapter?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

superdx, yes, you can. I did that on my previous TT bike (Look 596). As far as I remember, there were no creaking issues.

What's important, though, you can't run a true BB30 crank (SISL2, for instance), but can run any of 30mm axle Rotors (3D30, 3D+) and similar ones.

From aero perspective, I take Look aeroness claims with more salt than those of other manufacturers (Cervelo, Felt etc). Switching from the 596 to Scott Plasma 3 this year with the same components I remained on the same watts, but gained 1 kmh on my TTing speed - there might have been some positional differences, but my own measurements said they were pretty similar.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com