actual tt bike pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stumpytrunks

by stumpytrunks

Seeing as this is a time trial related thread I thought I might add something that I saw the other day.

http://www.blackwellresearch.com/p_wheels_tt.htm

100mm deep which is 18mm on the zipp equivalent.

flying wombat

by flying wombat

I know there is an obsession with Lightweight on this site, but if you are looking for a low drag front wheel in real world conditions then it is hard to overlook Zipp, they do a lot of work on aerodynamics and it shows. The Tour magazine aero tests had the Zipp 808 second only to a disc and it even beats the disc at some wind angles. If you are worried about handling then the 404 would be better, it was second to only the 808 in the tests (Ritchey uses the 404 rims). Unless you prefer to give up 30 seconds over a 40K TT the Zipp would be a better choice.

Also Zipp makes note on their site that they design their rims for use with a 21 width tubular, narrow 19mm tires would actually be slower.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

thank you for the tip for the 21 mm tubular. so what would be the solution?21(or 22)mm in the front and 19 mm on the rear wheel or both 21 mm? i think 19 mm tubs are used for aerodynamics when the front wheel cuts the air while riding. you don't have this at the rear wheel because the frame cuts the air(and there's less air but more "turbulence")(now it's getting to a point where i can hardly explain it in german, but my english is on it's limits here...)