crossing cables

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Benno

by Benno

^+1 internets for you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

bura wrote:@tinchy: no problem mate.

@kode54: suggestion made was meant to keep cables slightly away from DT. Not to keep them away from touching each other.No issue with friction of cables.

distance to DT is about the same as compared to straight cable feeds versus crossed ones. on bumps...there's no cable slap if that's what you're worried about.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

nickf

by nickf

I cross my CAAD9 cables. The cables dont touch each other or the frame. Makes for much cleaner cable routing up front.

Good idea HillRPete on the liners.

tinchy

by tinchy

@HillRPete

Yes novel idea indeed.

I've decided to buy this http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/frame-protection/lizard-skins-clear-downtube-protector as the cable rubbing the downtube is not impacting on shifting performance, or at least if it is it is being compensated for by the smoother routing out front - my only concern is the paint and so this will cover me on that.

Next time I think I'l just route parallel but hey ho, you live and learn. :smartass:

Thanks all who contributed.

ChrisSnyder

by ChrisSnyder

Never done this and always wondered about it. Will try it the next time I re-cable.
Alchemy Custom
8.3kg - Not so WW

Jesper64

by Jesper64

Been running crossed cables on my Cervelo Soloist and it works a treat. Sadly on my other bike the routing is such that crossing will hit the down tube and it's not possible.

kode54

by kode54

tinchy wrote:@HillRPete

Yes novel idea indeed.

I've decided to buy this http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/frame-protection/lizard-skins-clear-downtube-protector as the cable rubbing the downtube is not impacting on shifting performance, or at least if it is it is being compensated for by the smoother routing out front - my only concern is the paint and so this will cover me on that.

Next time I think I'l just route parallel but hey ho, you live and learn. :smartass:

Thanks all who contributed.

i just get scraps from a place that does clear film for cars. same stuff. goes on glossy, but doesn't matter. you get for free if you ask nicely.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

stormur

by stormur

Campagnolo says "do not cross cables under/ in the DT" ( what means also crossing housing around HT ) . I did it :mrgreen: Works fine. Even better than fine.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)