Supersix evo vs cervelo R3

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Svetty

by Svetty

Cervelo of these two - based on the DA groupset and Mavic wheels.

Ainsy

by Ainsy

Having had an SS Evo and a 2014 R5 I can say that the ride seemed more refined on the Evo but that the Cervelo felt like it was more efficient at the (small) cost of ride refinement.

Don't think you could go wrong either way and the best geometry may well be the bast way to choose which one

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

em3

by em3

In making a frame choice GEOMETRY should b at top of ur priority list. U appear to comparing two 54cm frames (best I can tell from the pics) with two very different geometries. Brush up on stack and reach and get the bike that best fits u.

Doolop

by Doolop

Evo is stiffer and just as compliant.
Cervelo has a dodgy warranty process at best.
BBRight is straight up dumb.
Cannondale bikes are cheaper...

No competition. Cdale makes a better bike for less money.
Just google "cervelo r3 broken rear dropout"

And if you buy new cannondale has some of the best warranty customer service in the industry.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

maquisard wrote:The Cervélo is a slightly more comfortable frame and feels better when climbing. On the descents the EVO wins, the current Caad10, EVO etc are the best descending bikes I have ridden, they feel 'planted' on the road and you will be able to descend full speed with complete confidence.

I have an R5 and a Caad10 and am seriously considering getting an EVO because of the handling of the Caad10.

This is so so true. I find the same to be true about my caad10 - best descending frame I have ever ridden. For that very reason I'd take the cannondale over the cervelo.