Bont Blitz?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Update : Ribble price I quoted above is not right. The Blitz are A$236, Vaypor are listed as A$298, but then "not available outside UK" ??, and the Vaypor + are A$328.

For any of these models, shipping to Aus is free.

I took it through the checkout process to all but pulling the trigger, so it seems to be different for some sellers in the UK ????

In Blitz, only the black/white avail, and Vaypor+ are black only in my size (EU46 - and most, but it's limited).

So it's A$100 more for local and option of Neon/Black :noidea:

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

Sort of off topic here, but those of you having issues with the heel cup digging into your achilles tendon this is the fix. Soon as you remove them from the oven during your baking process; take your forefinger, place it in the middle of the heel cup and pull as hard as you can (within reason of course). Do this once or twice. Place the shoes back in oven and repeat this once more. Done.

I was a Bont dealer for a number of years and I not only ran into this problem with customers, but my self as well. This usually took care of the issue and the shoes always worked flawlessly for me.

One thing I always told customers was if you put the shoes on prior to baking and they don't feel good, they won't work for you. They either fit or they don't. The molding process could make a good fitting shoe absolutely perfect if done correctly, but if they don't fit you out of the box, the molding isn't going to make them fit.

Good luck.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

The above is 100% spot on. If they feel like Hell straight otta the box baking them won't make them right. They're not for everybody.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

KWalker

by KWalker

Local Bont dealer said the last quality isn't quite as ergonomic and neither is the shape of the footbed. He advised Vaypors over Blitz for the same price.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Is this the Vaypor or the Vaypor +? Or the Vaypor "S"? Just curious which Vaypor's he was specifically referring to in this situation.

Also, the Blitz does look a little less "Bont" shaped especially in the fore-foot (it's a bit more rounded and oblong like some more traditional shoes) than previous models but I couldn't tell if it was just a figment of the images I had been seeing or if it really was a somewhat different shape.

Thanks!
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

MichaelB

by MichaelB

@ KWalker

bbbbbbbut the Blitz aren't the same price as the Vaypor !!!

As requested by solidsnake, can you elaborate please ?

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Well, I now have a shiny new Neon Yellow pair of Bont Blitz in EU46. They'll need a tweak in the oven, but they fit well with m G8 inserts. :D

KWalker

by KWalker

Uses a different sole and last material than the Vaypor + or Vaypor Classic. This upper isn't as high of quality and neither is the sole shape apparently.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

lllauderman

by lllauderman

I used the size wizard and it gave me a 273 for the riot sizing. Would the 280mm size which is a US 10.5 be fine with such little spacing, bc the next size beyond that is 285mm?

g32ecs

by g32ecs

JensW wrote:
MichaelB wrote:I got it from Bont's home page - here it is for the Blitz

http://www.bont.com/Cycling/products/road/blitz/index.html

Their 'online shop' is just another store. The local one (in Adelaide - Whippets Workshop) that I tried, had the Blitz in the Neon Yellow/black, but the online shop only has black/white.

have asked them about it and they say "That’s Asian fit, it means low arch + wide, but they are only available for our Asian dealer." so to sad for us other

about the price, best i have found http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Bont/B ... -2015/5OGF

There's a seller online claiming for "Asian Fit" - so this isn't a hoax? How will it compare to the regular "Wide"?

lllauderman

by lllauderman

before I mold my new Bont Blitz shoes and can not return them. The left foot the shoe fits really well, and the right foot it is digging into the outer part of my foot. If I mold these shoes will it fix the problem? Should I send them back?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

SolidSnake03 wrote:Also, the Blitz does look a little less "Bont" shaped especially in the fore-foot (it's a bit more rounded and oblong like some more traditional shoes) than previous models but I couldn't tell if it was just a figment of the images I had been seeing or if it really was a somewhat different shape.

Thanks!

Also curious on this one. I can't fit the normal Bont shape because of the forefoot shape but the rest of the package is so good it makes me wish I could. I asked Bont about this a while ago and their answer was to go full custom for a cool $1000.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

lllauderman wrote:I used the size wizard and it gave me a 273 for the riot sizing. Would the 280mm size which is a US 10.5 be fine with such little spacing, bc the next size beyond that is 285mm?

If your big toe is the longest, I think they would work. They might be a little snug. I have A-three's and Vaypors. Have not tried the Riots.