Anyone ridden the new campagnolo 2015 bora wheels yet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dha

by dha

MiddMan wrote:How is the braking on these? Also, is there risk of overheating? I have some pretty steep (and sometimes sketchy) long descents where I live and I'm curious if anyone has really pushed these on hilly or more preferably mountainous terrain?

Not ridden in the mountains with them so can't comment on that. But braking on steep descents is sharp and you get an immediate feeling of slowing down and the feel is consistent througout the pull on the lever. (DA9000). Am happy with how they brake, they feel in my mind more responsive in the initial bite compared to my zipp 202s.

I haven't ridden them in the wet however so can't comment on that.

Timujin

by Timujin

Mine arrived today :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timujin

by Timujin

Dogmatic13 wrote:I've finally gotten my 2015 Bora One 50 Clinchers and will pair them onto a C60. Before purchasing the wheel set I dropped Colnago a note and got a reply back saying that the Bora clinchers should clear fine. I know the tubs clear, and I'm hoping the clinchers are ok too.

To be safe though, I may go with my usual Conti GP4Ks II in 23mms first. For the experts there - I suppose using 23mms on a 24mm wide rim is ok right?

Hey. Did your clinchers come with rim tape?? Got mine today, no rim tape in the box and they are clinchers as I just fit the tyres/tubes on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fogman

by fogman

^^My Campagnolo Bora One clinchers did not come with rim strips. The rim strip recommendation was something I read on a warning notice from Continental that came with my GP4000S II tires.
http://www.conti-online.com/www/downloa ... notice.pdf
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

nlouthan

by nlouthan

There aren't any spoke holes, right? No rim strips needed. I don't run rim strips in my Shamals.

Timujin

by Timujin

nlouthan wrote:There aren't any spoke holes, right? No rim strips needed. I don't run rim strips in my Shamals.

correcto, no holes... so this is new to me haha... the finish is sublime.. the finishing is awesome, the little holder for the valve is handy to stop the rattle (and removes the plastic tape scenario)

Timujin

by Timujin

Came in lower than the advertised weight of 1370g.

question is, who has changed the skewers? in true ww style, surely these are obese!!

kgt

by kgt

Campagnolo skewers are the most powerful but you can gain 130-140gr using something lighter.
Campagnolo should consider redesign these someday. Ti axle and carbon levers would be great.

Timujin

by Timujin

kgt wrote:Campagnolo skewers are the most powerful but you can gain 130-140gr using something lighter.
Campagnolo should consider redesign these someday. Ti axle and carbon levers would be great.

Question could be that they are prepared that way for safety? just thinking out loud... I think im going to order the Tune DC-14

kgt

by kgt

I 've used 44gr kcnc and token skewers with Campagnolo and Fulcrum wheels. No problem at all.
The only frame that can not 'accept' light skewers is my steel Colnago master. I' ve tried but the rear wheel cannot be secured. No idea why...

Timujin

by Timujin

kgt wrote:I 've used 44gr kcnc and token skewers with Campagnolo and Fulcrum wheels. No problem at all.
The only frame that can not 'accept' light skewers is my steel Colnago master. I' ve tried but the rear wheel cannot be secured. No idea why...

Thanks for the tip, cannot wait to try the wheels this wkd :) :) :)

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

strange, the skewers should be more in the 118-122g range.
are you sure your scale was set correctly ?

Timujin

by Timujin

strobbekoen wrote:strange, the skewers should be more in the 118-122g range.
are you sure your scale was set correctly ?

scales are correct... they display the weights of other parts exact to their manufacturer weights...

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Can't be correct at 181g. My skewers on both sets (Ultra 50 and 35) are in the range that @strobbekoen states (118-122g).
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

GSteg

by GSteg

Same here, mine came in around 122g for the set. My old steel ones that I have for my trainers are 180 grams, and these feel lighter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com