Anyone ridden the new campagnolo 2015 bora wheels yet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

The valve thing wasn't in all the way. I run veloflex on two sets of the new Boras. They fit fine, but I did push them out the first couple of tries till I got them seated correctly in the rim.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LionelB

by LionelB

Nope, not on mine, with veloflex as well. The insert is clearly too big and visually different than the other wheel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Interesting. @LionelB: are you saying the Veloflex valves will not go through that thing? On both the 50's and 35's I need to use valve extenders. I use Continental extenders. I'll check them with calipers for diameter soon. On my old Boras I know there were certain valve extenders that wouldn't fit but on the new boras there actually seems to be some excess space. ?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LionelB

by LionelB

Mine are the 35 pre new shape, one valve insert is fine, the other is not. No issue on my 50.

fogman

by fogman

fogman wrote:No freewheeling noise either.

I meant to say no unusual/loud freewheeling noise. Sounds normal to me.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

sawyer

by sawyer

My Bora One 35 tubulars came in at 1190g ... seems like plenty are coming in way under claimed

:thumbup: to the guys in Vicenza!
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Timujin

by Timujin

sawyer wrote:My Bora One 35 tubulars came in at 1190g ... seems like plenty are coming in way under claimed

hahaha maybe you should edit and name the Romanian city they are based... the guys at Jedi told that was the reason for the big delay as campag moved to Romania...

sawyer

by sawyer

Timujin wrote:
sawyer wrote:My Bora One 35 tubulars came in at 1190g ... seems like plenty are coming in way under claimed

hahaha maybe you should edit and name the Romanian city they are based... the guys at Jedi told that was the reason for the big delay as campag moved to Romania...

Hi

Campagnolo are based in Vicenza and their R&D (or at least move of it) is done there. They have for some time had a production facility in Romania and have moved more work there this year.

Timujin

by Timujin

sawyer wrote:
Timujin wrote:

Hi

Campagnolo are based in Vicenza and their R&D (or at least move of it) is done there. They have for some time had a production facility in Romania and have moved more work there this year.

indeed that is true... i did place the "hhahaha" before..

sawyer

by sawyer

Timujin wrote:
sawyer wrote:
Timujin wrote:

Hi

indeed that is true... i did place the "hhahaha" before..

LOL - I know. I'm just being an earnest c0ck-end :lol:

Timujin

by Timujin

:lol: :lol:

Timujin

by Timujin

think we should create (if not already created) a bora strava group... does weightweenie have one? would be good to see how many fast km's people are doing on there pimp wheels

MJB

by MJB

My Bora One 35 Tubulars arrived today! (Dark Label)

Underweight at 1158 grams the pair - 664 gr rear (Campagnolo freehub) and 494 gr front I was surprised, I expected them to come overweight like many things do these days.............

I purchased a Shimano freehub model as they were the only Dark Label pair remaining so also purchased a separate Fulcrum Campagnolo freehub body - the rear hub was really heavily lavished in plenty of light bearing grease and the original Shimano body pawls were completely clagged up with the same light grease - made the wheel close to silent in freewheel.

Now deciding which width tyres to fit. I'll be fitting Vittoria CG pave. I have used these for years now as an everyday trainer tyre, not ever scored a puncture (touch wood) I have a pair of the older 24mm wide Pave sitting in the cupboard for over a year now - these fit really snugly into the nice deep rim channel and are a perfect match for the rim width, virtually flush with the brake track margin.

I also have a pair of newer CG Pave coming in the mail......... a 25mm and a 27mm........... decisions, descisions........ :wink:

fogman

by fogman

I use the Vittoria Corsa CXIII Isogrip in 25c on my Bora One 50 tubulars.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

tommasini

by tommasini

I will be moving on from my current Bora Twos to 2 sets of the bora 50's also in tubular - I have a stock pile of 23mm Vittoria Corsa CX tubular tires that I'd like to use versus the hassle of selling and buying 25's (I have great roads here so don't feel the need for 25s either). There were a few earlier posts about the tubular version - and they suggested 23s probably would be ok........does anyone have any long term feedback to reinforce that 23s should run fine on those 24mm rims?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com