Anyone ridden the new campagnolo 2015 bora wheels yet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

Thanks Calnago! Hope indeed they clear fine.

Sub7 here are some pics. I will start a new build thread in the gallery section too. Kit includes Campy Record 2015, Dedas and SI SLR. The finish on the boras is stunning!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tikka

by tikka

@Calnago, I have the 50mm ultras (clincher) on a cervelo s3 and after experimenting with several tires ended up with a conti attack 22m on the front and gp4000s 23mm on the back. The 22m sits flush with the sides vs the 23mm which is actually wider than the 24.2mm rim, IMHO. Great wheels either way.

sub7kg

by sub7kg

Dogmatic13 wrote:Thanks Calnago! Hope indeed they clear fine.

Sub7 here are some pics. I will start a new build thread in the gallery section too. Kit includes Campy Record 2015, Dedas and SI SLR. The finish on the boras is stunning!

Thanks Dogmatic, they look amazing! The website photos undersell them. I think I'm going to go for the 35mm dark version. I was looking on bike discount, they seem to have the best price so far.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, that's what I'm hearing. Someone posted in another thread the same results with the clinchers. Sounds like 25's may still have some clearance issues on some frames with these wheels. This is the same with any wider clincher rim however. With the tubular version, the 25's actually give a bit more clearance than the same tire on last year's Bora. Which I am thrilled about since I can now run them just fine on my C59 without all the "chatter" from debris getting thrown threw the tight clearance areas.
Clincher or tubular, absolutely fantastic wheels.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

sub7kg wrote:
Dogmatic13 wrote:Thanks Calnago! Hope indeed they clear fine.

Thanks Dogmatic, they look amazing! The website photos undersell them. I think I'm going to go for the 35mm dark version. I was looking on bike discount, they seem to have the best price so far.

Yeah they are super sexy in real life. I was originally planning to go dark label too but given my frame is a glossy black with very little accents, I thought going bright label will give the build a lot more personality. My local campy pro shop is putting everything together, so should have it by the weekend!

bdb

by bdb

GP4000S and Bora 35 Clinchers here, running 23mm on the front and 25mm on the back on my C60. Only one ride, plenty of clearance for the 23s on the front
didn't even try 25s.

stormp

by stormp

I'll start riding them tomorrow and I live in Denmark which equals a guaranty for rain. I will write here when it's done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LionelB

by LionelB

I am sort of sad to see bora and clinchers used so much together these days ;)

sub7kg

by sub7kg

bdb wrote:GP4000S and Bora 35 Clinchers here, running 23mm on the front and 25mm on the back on my C60. Only one ride, plenty of clearance for the 23s on the front
didn't even try 25s.

Is there much bulge with the 25mm on the Boras, I'm currently running 25mm GP4000s on my 24mm wide Gigantex and planned the same when I get some Bora's.

fogman

by fogman

I finally tried my 2015 Bora One 50 tubulars today. They are mounted with Vittoria CXIII Corsa Isogrip 25mm tubulars. This is both my first time on tubulars as well as carbon rims. My other wheels are Shamal Ultras mounted with Conti GP4000S II and butyl tubes.
I took them out for a 40 mile test ride today. The ride is much smoother, less effort climbing, great cornering and very slightly less braking power than my alloy clinchers. The brakes do not so much squeal as it is more of a pleasant whistle when applying the brakes. And the descents were far superior than my Shamals.
My only concern is the chainstay clearance on my Pinarello Dogma 65.1. Seems there was evidence of a little tire rub on the inside of the left (non-drive side) chainstay right behind the bottom bracket (I buffed it out with some rubbing compound). My conclusion is there may be some lateral flex to these wheels (or my frame). I will continue to observe as I don't want to wear my frame or the sidewall of the tire.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

I really want a pair of these for my Sworks Venge. Full euro trash coming soon.
Instagram @seanblurr

MiddMan

by MiddMan

How is the braking on these? Also, is there risk of overheating? I have some pretty steep (and sometimes sketchy) long descents where I live and I'm curious if anyone has really pushed these on hilly or more preferably mountainous terrain?

munkyeongmee

by munkyeongmee

I ordered 2015 campy bora one 35 dark in starbike.com
It is most cheap I think

Cascadebiker

by Cascadebiker

The bora ultra clinchers have been on backorder all spring- Campy's labor-related wheel-making woes have been pretty epic as of late. I finally lost patience and got a pair of Vision Metron 40's through Starbike for 800 Euros less- love them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com