Handlebars for small riders

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cali

by Cali

I've been looking into small handlebars but it's actually really hard to find. My shoulders are 32cm wide but I don't think I'll find anything smaller than 36cm (?).
I was originally looking for aero-flat, carbon, handlebars similar to the 3t aerotundo but pretty much all the aerobars I've found are 40cm. I'll go with the Zipp standard bars that are among the only 36cm I've identified but if anyone has a suggestion that would be much appreciated.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

All bars are not measured in, or are shaped the same way. I use FSA Compact which are measured centre to centre at the end of the drops, and which splay outwards. This means at the hoods they typically measure 1.5cm narrower, so that a 40cm FSA Compact (if they come in 40cm) will ride more like a 38.

My point being ... lots of variations in sizing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cali

by Cali

Thanks. Good point indeed; but then I guess that if you're in your drops it's still as wide as stated? In any event looks like aerobars are generally 40 and above so Even if they ride like 38 that's still pretty wide.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Salsa Pro Road have a 34
http://salsacycles.com/components/categ ... ad_small_2
Lots of brands have 36 (Deda, Profile, Zipp, Specialized, FSA, Bontrager), but the Salsa is the only 34 I know of.

Doolop

by Doolop

Check out the specialized womens specific 36mm bars.