Anyone ridden Ciocc's 695g Supremo frame?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Hey there,

A guy on facebook's venerable bicycle market is selling a Ciocc Supremo fairly cheap and the frame has perked my interest. Has any weightweenie had any experience with these frames/ can provide more info than a superficial google search? A quick little review by some guy said it was amazing, but then again, that review also appears on Ciocc's webpage, so its hard to tell how legit it is.

They seem to be extremely rare - I dont recall ever seeing one out on the road. They are also claimed to be extremely light - 990g for the frame and fork. But we know how the Italians like to misread their scales. It utilities a tube-to-tube construction technique, information about which I struggled to find. I imagine it would not be as stiff as a monoque frame, but I also imagine it might be doing well on the mysterious 'ride quality' front as so many of these bespoke bikes are.

Thanks!

PS some sources claim the frame is 790g whilst others say its 695, namely cyclingtips
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

kgt

by kgt

I would buy it without hesitation. Ciocc is a very respectable company.
Don't expect it to be the stiffest frame but I am sure it will ride and climb great. It is certainly something different, it looks great and it's handmade in Italy too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iamalex

by iamalex

I read this article last year, certainly looks amazing:
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/03/bikes-of-the-bunch-ciocc-supremo/