Supersix vs BMC SLR01

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

superdx

by superdx

btompkins0112 wrote:God, you're a douche.

+1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Donic

by Donic

bigpab wrote: which bike did you settle for?
decided yet?

I settled for the Supersix and I will get it soon :D

bigpab

by bigpab

nice!!
Photos when you get it...
:-)

Philbar72

by Philbar72

Geometry is key on these bikes and your fit.... the supersix is very slightly more snappy than the Slr01, but if you can't get it to fit the bmc has other attributes (its more comfy and damps bumps out very slightly better.

I settled for the SLR01 and its still a great bike, just a little different than the supersix. both are great bikes. the Slr01 is better on descents for me, very predictable handling allows you to place it exactly where you need to... :)

Devon

by Devon

Supersix would have been my choice too. I had an SLR02 and while it was a fantastic bike, it was just very boring and chunky feeling. I also snapped it.

mgoles

by mgoles

Have you tought about Giant Tcr SL ??? You get awesome frame for less money than bmc and cannondale... You can get old model for massive discount like sl0 model, with dura ace di2, all carbon cockpit and giant 1395 g wheelset... Or you can look for 2016 models witch are great also great deals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superdx

by superdx

The new 2016 Giant bikes look really good, especially the Propel. The Giant factory is responsible for Trek bikes production so in no way are they just another Taiwan manufacturer.

In comparison Cannondale & BMC will have a very noticeable premium on their bikes. If you can afford it, by all means go for it. I love my SuperSix EVO!

bigpab

by bigpab

Thanks all for your help...
i took a crazy turn and ended up taking a good sale on a 2015 scott foil premium... rides incredible and im very happy..i wanted something different to the caad10 I've been racing on...so super six was out...the bmc around me,didn't even organise a test ride...so... my decision was made even easier...

Philbar72

by Philbar72

fair play, the foil is very stiff, but if that's what you like, then go for it. Enjoy! :)

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

Devon wrote:Supersix would have been my choice too. I had an SLR02 and while it was a fantastic bike, it was just very boring and chunky feeling. I also snapped it.

I agree... The SLR02 is a fantastic bike, really comfortable and with stable handling. But it is not the most inspiring bike to ride... I mean it is a great bike for someone who looks for aggressive position (SLR01) yet allows him to do 100k+ ride back to back without the feel of overly harsh frame.

bigpab

by bigpab

The foil is seriously stiff
i live in an area with short steep climbs
i race and suits very well..i find it very comfy and noticeably stiffer than caad10
regards to everyone thanks for your help.

garlet

by garlet

i'll choose BMC SLR01. it's awesome bike!!

djqgmffj

by djqgmffj

It is my choice bmc. I hate noise bb30