Fuji transonic vs altamira - thoughts?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

hasbeen wrote:but they have only themselves to blame. They need to maintain a marketing push to get the attention they deserve but I have a feeling they dont care. They must be satisfied making bikes for the companies that are spending money on marketing.

Because consistently sponsoring a Pro Conti level team is "not caring"? Given the costs for even a team at that level.

Guess Felt, BH, Time, Jamis, etc really don't give a rats...

Dman

by Dman

I hear Fuji will have a low 5kg bike next year at less than half the price of an Emonda SLR. Might be worth the wait?

I'm guessing it's the new Altamira or similar

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Tinea Pedis wrote:
hasbeen wrote:but they have only themselves to blame. They need to maintain a marketing push to get the attention they deserve but I have a feeling they dont care. They must be satisfied making bikes for the companies that are spending money on marketing.

Because consistently sponsoring a Pro Conti level team is "not caring"? Given the costs for even a team at that level.

Guess Felt, BH, Time, Jamis, etc really don't give a rats...

Given the size of ASI (parent company) and length of time outside of Protour level, yes it is a joke to sponsor a Conti team. All the brands you listed cant hold a candle to Fuji in overall size (maybe 1/10 the size). Their closest similar competitor is Giant and they have their own team. They made it to the big time last season (or was that season before) and reaped the benefit. Just hope they maintain it. But then again, maybe its not a big deal to them, as stated by me before.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

hasbeen

by hasbeen

To go back on track I am interested in hearing more about a new frame. Any more news out there? I'm not on the "inside" anymore.
btompkins0112 wrote:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

hasbeen wrote:Given the size of ASI (parent company) and length of time outside of Protour level, yes it is a joke to sponsor a Conti team. All the brands you listed cant hold a candle to Fuji in overall size (maybe 1/10 the size). Their closest similar competitor is Giant and they have their own team. They made it to the big time last season (or was that season before) and reaped the benefit. Just hope they maintain it. But then again, maybe its not a big deal to them, as stated by me before.

a.) PRO Conti (not Conti)

b.) would like to see the reports you're basing the Giant "success" off.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Wasn't talking about Giant. Was saying Fuji had success, wasn't clearly written.
Sorry my opinion doesn't mesh with yours but daym chill out. I base it off of years working with ASI/Fuji.
btompkins0112 wrote:

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

thewallace wrote:I'm just putting the finishing touches on my Transonic SL now

I've spent decent time of the current Altamira, so I'll give able to give you a good comparison in a week or so.

Can't wait to see it, did you happen to weigh everything as you built it up?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

hasbeen wrote:Sorry my opinion doesn't mesh with yours but daym chill out. I base it off of years working with ASI/Fuji.

Because I corrected you and asked for what you based your opinion off I'm wound up? You sure you've got the right idea of what a message board is all about...?

There's a review of the Transonic in the latest RIDE Cycling Review. Rob wasn't initially sold on the handling that came with the 71.5 degree HT. I don't know what fork rake it was paired with, nor have I ridden one myself. How have owners found the handling themselves?

thewallace

by thewallace

Yep sure did, will post it all up on completion with full weight list

I don't think we can forget Fuji Sponsor;
- Pro Conti
- One of the USA's biggest women's team
- One of the world's best track teams
- Jonathan Page
- A bunch of Triathlete's

Every brand in the world can't be a Giant, Trek or Specialized and throw around that sort of cash, and if every bike brand tried I'd hate to see the result.

Fuji are trying to find niche that works best for them

hasbeen

by hasbeen

I didnt get this much backlash talking to people at Fuji about their marketing efforts. ASI is such a huge company with legit bikes at legit prices they just need to do more in marketing it. I know Im not alone in that thought. Its not like I dont appreciate what they have done though. jeez
btompkins0112 wrote:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

thewallace wrote:Yep sure did, will post it all up on completion with full weight list

I don't think we can forget Fuji Sponsor;
- Pro Conti
- One of the USA's biggest women's team
- One of the world's best track teams
- Jonathan Page
- A bunch of Triathlete's

Every brand in the world can't be a Giant, Trek or Specialized and throw around that sort of cash, and if every bike brand tried I'd hate to see the result.

Fuji are trying to find niche that works best for them

Also sponsor a NRS team here in Australia. Every new model they send out for review to the various publication. They're slowly building their market presence and, like you alluded, are not wanting in terms of supporting high level athletes.

I look at how much love Felt still have and their sales without even a Pro Conti team. I'm sure they'll be back under a WT team sooner or later, but there's also a bit to be said in changing up your marketing approaches. Same case for Fuji.

hasbeen, chill out :wink: :smartass: seriously, it's just chewing the fat on the many ways a big cycling company can choose to market their product. Nothing personal.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

word
btompkins0112 wrote:

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Any updates on the weight?

I just read this latest review. $3500 comes with Ultegra Di2. That's a really good deal.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/06/21/lon ... road-bike/

53x12

by 53x12

^ Not to mention, Performance Bike usually has good sales and deals on their bikes. Wouldn't be surprised that you will be able to get these eventually for <$3000.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thewallace

by thewallace

My build came in at 7310 grams with Ult Di2, Rotor 3d+ Cranks and Reynolds Assault SLG wheels. That weight does include pedals, compuer mount, cages etc. I've weighted it with a decent set of tubs and it comes down under 7kgs.

I love the ride, it certainly gives you the perception that you're going faster. I've had a Scott Foil in the past which I also loved, and I find them similar, with the Scott being a bit 'harsher' through the saddle. I've always liked stiff bike's that make you feel connected to the road. I rode the Scott with Tubs, and a SR groupset so it was alot lighter and felt a bit more snappy up hill. I do prefer the handling of the Transonic, and its alot better in a straight line then the Scott. The handling isn't as good as the Altamira, but in my opinion I consider that to be the best cornering bike I've ever ridden.