Help with size for Canyon Aeroad purchase

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

IchDien

by IchDien

Right so I've saved the money now, about to make the purchase...thinking M (56) Canyon with a 130mm aerobar.

Can anyone else please help quickly just so I don't mess up on the size?

IchDien wrote:I'm in a similar situation here Cervelo S5>Aeroad SLX...trying to figure out what size to get.

Cycling inseam of 87cm, overall height of 183cm, long torso short legs. I feel like I could get a bit more saddle to bar drop to be honest but not much. The fit calculator is trying to put me on a L but I feel like I might not have enough standover height and/or seatpost showing.

Current saddle height from centre of BB is 78cm.

Can anyone much better at this please help?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

I ordered my Aeroad with the 410/120mm aerobar, instead of the stock 410/100. Guess what, they shipped me the bike with the stock 410/100mm bar. I've been waiting to receive the correct bar for nearly 2 months now. So if you are getting your bike or frameset with the H11 aero cockpit, you have been warned.

sawyer

by sawyer

IchDien wrote:Right so I've saved the money now, about to make the purchase...thinking M (56) Canyon with a 130mm aerobar.

Can anyone else please help quickly just so I don't mess up on the size?

IchDien wrote:I'm in a similar situation here Cervelo S5>Aeroad SLX...trying to figure out what size to get.

Cycling inseam of 87cm, overall height of 183cm, long torso short legs. I feel like I could get a bit more saddle to bar drop to be honest but not much. The fit calculator is trying to put me on a L but I feel like I might not have enough standover height and/or seatpost showing.

Current saddle height from centre of BB is 78cm.

Can anyone much better at this please help?

Do they make the aerobar in 130mm?

I think you will be quite big on the M. If you can get low (-17 stem or swap out the 16mm headset cap for the 4.5mm) and have a long stem then probably ok.

In summary unless you are very flexible (can get low comfortably at the front) I think you would be better with an L
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Hey.

This is what a slammed Aeroad with 130mm stem and 79cm saddle height looks like... Kristoff bike. It gives him 14 cm of drop and 62cm reach tip saddle - center of bars.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pro ... oad-cf-slx

IchDien

by IchDien

Would the 32mm offset seat post help the Medium fit?

kkibbler

by kkibbler

IchDien wrote:Would the 32mm offset seat post help the Medium fit?

No. If you need longer reach, you use a longer stem or get a larger frame.