Specialized unveils aggressive position Power road saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I started out with it level, ie with a bubble level placed along the saddle from nose to rear tip. From there I took an allen key with me when I rode and made adjustments until I got it where it felt good. There is no hard and fast rule of thumb that you can use. You have to start somewhere and tweak it to suit your unique anatomy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

Don't have an easy tilt adjust. Annoyingly. Tend to set at home base.

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

KWalker wrote:I've found and been told by many a fitter that the optimal starting point is either the same marking on the rail as your other Speci saddle +5mm further rearwards OR add 25-35mm of setback measured behind the bb

That's what I figured, I couldn't get it far back enough. As soon as I switched it for a Romin Evo I could feel a lot more behind the pedals (for the same number on the rails).

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Best saddle I've ever used , 145 width, and confirmed last night at my fitting that it's perfect for me.

KWalker

by KWalker

You never want to feel "behind the pedals"
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jeffy

by jeffy

when you say "+5mm further rearwards" do you mean rearwards according to rail marking (so actually moving the saddle 5mm forwards)?

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

I think that's what he meant. I've been playing with the angle of the Power (-1 nose down so far) and it feels more solid. I was on a 155 Romin Evo which was fine, but I don't think I can translate that to the Power, it feels large. The saddle hits me behind the leg when I want to sit back. Looking at it at the store, I might be wrong, but it seems larger (or less down curve) then the Romin Evo. I'm thinking of giving the 143 a go.

KWalker

by KWalker

Its weird that only 2 pros are on this from what I can tell- Boom and Keisse. Everyone else is still on the team only romins. I wonder why?
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

KWalker wrote:Its weird that only 2 pros are on this from what I can tell- Boom and Keisse. Everyone else is still on the team only romins. I wonder why?

Marcel Sieberg has been using it this season. He has to debadge it since his Lotto team are sponsored by San Marco. Paolo Tiralongo on Astana is also using it.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

This saddle is certainly not for everyone. I bought one the first day it arrived at my specialized shop, rode it for like 200 miles and sold it.

I knew it was a gamble since I ride a 130 Romin. I also tried a 143 Romin to no avail, to wide and it puts pressure on my inner thigh.

KWalker

by KWalker

Specialized has a 30 day comfort guarantee so why didn't you just return it?
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

amey

by amey

Best saddle ever! Coming from Arione

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I am quite enjoying my Power 155 saddle too, after having been on the Romin 155 for a few years.

jeffy

by jeffy

enjoying mine. setup still getting tweeked. coming from same sized romin.

amey

by amey

I am running it 1 deg nose up

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com