Specialized unveils aggressive position Power road saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I absolutely love mine! I went from the Roman Evo pro to the toupe Pro to this. Since the actual width of the saddle is much wider I tried a 143 and it did not work for me. I tried a 155 and it was spot on comfort. I tested the expert and the pro. The expert with level 2 padding was the most comfortable saddle I have ever sat on. I tried the 155 pro with level 1 padding and it was nearly as comfortable and much lighter, so I ordered the Sworks. Should get it by weeks end. Till then I'm still using the pro. I've got nearly 250 miles on the power pro and I can't believe how comfortable it has been for me. My romin pro and toupe were both ok and at the time I thought it was great, but now realize just how much discomfort I dealt with and just figured was normal.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

wheelzqc wrote:I think that's what he meant. I've been playing with the angle of the Power (-1 nose down so far) and it feels more solid. I was on a 155 Romin Evo which was fine, but I don't think I can translate that to the Power, it feels large. The saddle hits me behind the leg when I want to sit back. Looking at it at the store, I might be wrong, but it seems larger (or less down curve) then the Romin Evo. I'm thinking of giving the 143 a go.

I had the same concerns and came from the same saddle. Even though the 143 power is the same actual width as the 155 romin evo, the location on where you are supposed to sit is different. I would suggest pushing the saddle back another 2 or 3mm and see how that feels if you haven't already done so. I have my power saddle 4mm further back than where my romin evo was. I gave the 143mm a try because of the same thoughts and I was too narrow. Proved to me that the 155 romin evo and 155 power are on the same level. I called specialized for more info and he suggested to measure it as I would with the evo. If yiu look on their suggested saddle widths, the toupe and romin evo easier on different lists. The romin evo on the black list and the toupe on the red. He said the power saddle is in with the other saddles listed in black.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

there needs to be a convention re: saddles

"further back" & "further back on the rails" are opposites, and if you don't specify "on the rails" it is not clear which you mean.

e.g "further forward on the rail" or "further back on the rails"

alternatively for and aft saddle position is just as clear.

KWalker

by KWalker

Further back means aft. Pretty simple. Saddle further back behind the BB.

So I've switched full time to the Power. The nose to bar center distance is 4mm longer than with my old Romin. If you look at the marks on the rails of both, the front most portion of my clamp was right under the 4 on the Romin and on the Power it is literally the mark closest to the nose of the saddle. I'd upload a picture, but am too lazy.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jeffy

by jeffy

i would have thought that 4mm longer nose to bar would have meant the power was further forward (back on the rails) considering the Power was described as similar to the Romin but with ~30mm chopped off the front.

Admittedly i find that i sit very different on the Power to the Romin.
With the Romin i found i sat quite far forward, and i could feel that perhaps it was designed for the sit bones to be further back, but i didn't find it was comfortable when in a low(er) position compared with more towards the front.

I ride with the Power about ~10mm further back on the rail markings (saddle further forward, but sit further back.

Just measured bar - to - saddle tip - and it is 30mm longer.

KWalker

by KWalker

No, since the nose is missing the saddle to bar distance is longer. Then as you mentioned I sit differently on it too as it has a bit more thigh padding and hip rotation brings my legs further over the bb.

Using the rail markings it is 15mm further rearwards. As I said the front most portion of my 3T Dorico clamp was under the 4 on the Romin and is under the first mark on the rail now (to the right of the 5).
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jeffy

by jeffy

Stage 14

jano

by jano

Have mine setup with the tip pointing very slightly upwards, 2-3 degrees max.
Also had to move it slightly forward compared to my old Selle SuperFlow, probably a good 10 mm.
Not sure yet if I will keep it, only did 500 km on it and I am not convinced yet.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I'm still loving mine.

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

Have you guys went "out of the chart" for the Power? There isn't really a chart for it but I imagine it's same as phenom/Romin. I've been tested 155 and 143 and seem to prefer the 143 as I sit more behind. With the 155 its not too bad, good support, but I can't sit at the same spot.

jeffy

by jeffy

i measure 143 for the Romin, but in reality it was too small (asymmetric sitbones) - ride Romin 155. ride Power 155

jano

by jano

Using size 143 and it is cutting into my thighs a bit, this is the one reason I might have to ditch this saddle.

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

My problem might be that when they measure they end up at 130-135mm... I didna home made measurement a few times and barely get to 110. I'll have to rely on the good old feel.

The 155 was hitting the back of my leg. I'm also testing a Bontrager Paradigm from my shop, they measure me for a 138.

jeffy

by jeffy

i found the hitting back of leg thing happened when the tilt was too nose up.

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

Ok yeah it added that feeling to me. But the only way I could ride without sliding was -1 degree(from back to front). So that has the nose up

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com