Specialized unveils aggressive position Power road saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jano

by jano

I'll tilt it down a bit more, even though it's almost level now.
I really wanted this saddle as it should better suit my position on the bike. I'll give it some more time and testing.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I was told today that there will be no go pro style cam mount(from specialized) for this power seat in the near future.. something about not being able to reduce vibration enough at this time. Bummer!
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jano

by jano

Why mount a cam on a saddle?!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

jeffy wrote:SWorks 143mm saddle weighs 160g

:?

A certain guy in Slovenia can probably do this, with an integrated seatpost, for a total of 90g.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

jano wrote:Why mount a cam on a saddle?!

I wanted the option.. race video. Might not be so smart because all the action is in front of me. :lol:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

jano

by jano

That's what I was thinking too.

KWalker

by KWalker

143 for every speci saddle. 90% of riders are a 143. If you're hitting thighs and stuff the position is just wrong.

I setup my iPhone 5 with a digital level so the edge of the level is touching the p in power. Using that it's -1, a bit nose up from the side. .5 deg either way just felt off.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

tinozee

by tinozee

jeffy wrote:Stage 14

Is that the power? It looks a bit different in this pic to me, but I've yet to see one in person.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ yes that is how my power looks
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

boots2000

by boots2000

I got a 143mm S-works power saddle.
Rode it 3x- DQ for me. I move around too much on climbs- But I think it could be a great saddle for those who tend to stay in one position on bike.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Bit of a grave dig here - position on the bike has slightly changed and an unwanted side affect was some 'soreness' developing. Thought it was a case of adapting but it has persisted. After chatting with a few people decided to try the Power out, my sit bones were measured at 140mm, much to my surprise. Would seem I have been riding on saddles to small for for a while now. Got sent home with a 168 size power expert to try, am liking it so far and looking to possibly change over if this weeks testing goes well. Only issue is I would like to purchase the Pro version but Specialized do not make these in a 168 width. Have googled but can't find why? Anyone here able to shed light on this decision?

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

^Opposite for me. I've run about every saddle it seems. Last saddle was a Williams saddle, light/cheap price. As usual, after awhile, one of my sit bones would start to hurt/get sore, or some issue would arise after 6 months, or 6 minutes...depended on the saddle.

I tried several of the Power saddle models, except SWorks, hard to find. But I did demo the Power Expert and the Pro version from the LBS. Both have the titanium rails. The Expert just is slightly more padded, everything the same though.

Finally settled on the slightly more padded Power Expert version. Things have been really good for me personally. I don't move around on the saddle, in fact, not enough.

I found the Pro, and likely the SWorks, had too little padding for me...combine that with the very stiff shell. Yes, weight savings, but if my butt isn't happy, who cares..I want off the bike now!!

Once I got the nose position tilt right, I've been real happy with this saddle. Now that I've ridden it maybe 1000+ miles. It is still holding up great and things are fine.

In fact, I had a demo saddle, the Expert/middle version, first time I rode it was a 70 mile road race. Not the best time to try that people!! But bum felt fine and I was surprised that after the 70 miles.

I don't like a heavy padded saddle, nor really light, somewhere in between, and if the shell is stiff...that is good for me, and flatter saddle as well.

If you like a curved saddle, either sagging curve, or curved to the edge more...this saddle isn't that. There is no sag in the middle, and the edges do flex some, but it really is a flatter saddle.

I ran the 155mm version also during the test. It was way too wide, and I like a wider 143mm+ saddle. But the back of my legs/hamstrings rubbed...not good. Went back to the 143, perfect...good movement, no rubbing etc...

So make sure you try a few different widths on this thing.

I would like to drop some weight and give the SWorks Power version of this a try now that I've had this for awhile and my sit bones/bottom are used to it and happy. Not sure if the stiffer shell/less padding will work, but won't know until you ride it.

If not, eBay as usual...haha

For me personally, one of the best, if not, the best saddles where I can go 60 miles/race pace, and I don't have any issues. As with any saddle, I have to remind myself to get up out of the saddle and stand at times when coasting, just to provide some relief/stretching in general...that is a good thing no matter what saddle you ride.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Zigmeister - great info, I too am really liking this saddle. I can actually feel the pressure on my sit bones which is a new feeling. Liking the 168 width so far, I have an Expert model but would like to purchase a couple in the Pro version but I can't.

Was really curious as to why they don't make the 168 in Pro or Sworks

KWalker

by KWalker

I don't like padding and am switching from the Pro to S-Works to get slightly less, but honestly I can barely tell.

Using an iPhone level I set it up so the bottom of my phone is where the plastic meets padding in the center of the nose. From there its +1 degree, but because of the hammock/tail is still slightly downward sloping front to back. Feels great, stable, haven't found a reason to change.

Tried the new Romin Evo for a week and went right back to the Power. Just don't need the nose and not having it is slightly more comfortable. I also find its much less sensitive to tilt or angle.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I have never noticed much of any difference between the Pro and SWorks versions of the Power saddle. Spec lists them as both having the same Level 1 padding.