Where to get carbon cradle and support for seatpost?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

VTBike

by VTBike

Hi all, hoping you might help me find some parts to further lighten up my Deda Drittisimo seatpost. I stole the pic below for reference.

Basically, i'm looking for a carbon cradle to replace the aluminum; and then perhaps a lightweight carbon "rod" to replace the aluminum version that goes through the seatpost, and holds the screws in place. I've already replaced the screws with Ti, and the top cradle pieces with some sweet POP numbers... but I think some more can be gained out of this post (and I do love the post, so don't want to just give up on it).

Thanks!

http://s138.photobucket.com/user/steve-brennan/media/IMG_2859.jpg.html

maxxevv

by maxxevv

You can try checking with them for the appropriate size:

http://smud-carbon.eu/cradle_seatpost.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Check the diameter of the cradle where it sits on the post to see if any of the Smud cradles will actually fit. The diameter of my old Deda Superzero post cradle is around 24 mm, which is smaller than the three Smud cradle sizes.

An alternative might be the new Deda Superzero and Superleggero post cradles that have been made much lighter at just 10 g. Might not fit your post though? Or, someone on here bought the carbon cradle linked below used a Dremel tool to reduce the diameter to fit their Deda post. The carbon is quite thick on them so it seems to work. Will be trying myself soon too.

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=101&p=1238&tb=001

F45

by F45

There's one on ebay, item 290979497738, 140 have been sold.

VTBike

by VTBike

Awesome, thank you. All great suggestions.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

I already sent you a PM about this , but will share the info for others.

Another option is the Linskey carbon craddle kit. Its pretty nice. I emailed them to see if they had a weight limit and they answered there is none.

It will not work on every seapost, but can make it work with some shaving on certain seatposts. The craddle fits bigger radius than deda seatposts.

It is easier to modify a zero setback seatpost like the drittissimo. On my superzero because of the design, I didn't have enough space between the bolts. I would not recommend to shave the craddle because its already a small part and you risk compromising the integrity of the part.

Here is the drittissimo with the linksey craddle. Would be easy to match the shape by shaving the radius of the seatpost.

the weight of the Linskey carbon craddle

stock weight of the deda

stock weight of the deda craddle from the new superzero and superleggero

██

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

F45 wrote:There's one on ebay, item 290979497738, 140 have been sold.

:beerchug: Ordered!