Help me clean this wiring up

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

So when I got my new bike it came like this, the EPS wire going to the battery

showdown

by showdown

Yuck.

Your brake cable looks a bit long... you could prob trim a bit of it off.

On my Di2 build I used heat-shrink tubing to sheath both the brake cable and the wire together making it tidy before splitting and entering the two different ports in the frame

If you flipped the little junction box around it looks like all the wires would enter at the front, then you could pair the cable entering the downtube with the brake cable and wrap them or something so that instead of two cables/wires flopping around you'd have one...Sky does something like what I'm talking about:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

thanks fo rthe reply, i want to do something asap this is driving me nuts, such a nice build with such a crappy wiring job.

Raineman

by Raineman

I prefer AG2R's method of attatching the juction box to the rear brake cable and then running the gear cables along the brake cables with some heat shrink/spiral wrap.

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

I mounted the EPS controller to the bottom of an garmin mount, Barflys work great for this

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Terrible photos but you get the idea. I put the junction under a barfly 2.0 and used heat shrink tubing for the rear brake and di2 wire. Pretty clean look from the side.

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

so clean, I might switch my garmin mount to a barfly, I hate the zip ties around the stem, I will be also replacing the brake cables for Jawire segmented housings

Ltoddokc wrote:Terrible photos but you get the idea. I put the junction under a barfly 2.0 and used heat shrink tubing for the rear brake and di2 wire. Pretty clean look from the side.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

You can try to use electrical tape with your current Garmin mount. I have a Barfly for the Powertap Joule, which cannot take zip ties... But with some patience I was able to wrap the Di2 Junction box to the mount.

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

AndreLM wrote:You can try to use electrical tape with your current Garmin mount. I have a Barfly for the Powertap Joule, which cannot take zip ties... But with some patience I was able to wrap the Di2 Junction box to the mount.

Im going to try and use velcro that way if I ever need to remove i can do it easily

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

First attempt , I might unplug all the connections and do shrink wrap!

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Much better. Once you have everything set up, definitely do the shrink wrap. It really cleans it up.

Pottsy

by Pottsy

Looks better already.

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

Thanks , yes i did som eof the trimming last night, It was driving me crazy. Im thinking about doing Jawire Road Pro brake kit , does anyone know if that is Campy compatible? or do i just use the existing cable with the new housing ?

showdown

by showdown

Nice. Once you get it all tidy it'll look really tight.

The shrink wrap is also nice as it prevents the possibility of a cable being snagged and coming unplugged or stretched and damaged...

It's too bad some shops do the bare minimum and don't seem to take much pride in the little details...

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

showdown wrote:Nice. Once you get it all tidy it'll look really tight.

The shrink wrap is also nice as it prevents the possibility of a cable being snagged and coming unplugged or stretched and damaged...

It's too bad some shops do the bare minimum and don't seem to take much pride in the little details...

I agree with you specially with high end builds like this, Im goign to end up reoing a lot things that I tihink could be better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com