Has any body "added" sprint shifters to Campy EPS?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

2old4this

by 2old4this

A few weeks ago in built a bike with SR EPS. This is my first EPS so bare with me...

Ergonomics issues I have are solvable (small hands, not adjustable lever reach, and all that...) However, I simply cannot get over the fact that there is no other way to change gears but the hoods. On longer drivers (40-50 miles) with lots of ascends and descends, I have to keep moving my hands from the top of the handlebars to the hoods. It gets, well, boring.

Has anybody tried splicing the EPS wires (like some of us do with the DI2 wires) to add buttons on the bars?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

androidavies

by androidavies

I haven't spliced in extra buttons to EPS, but I have repaired a cut set of wires by rejoining them all and wrapping with tape. It worked, if I remember correctly there were 4 very slim colour coded wires to rejoin, so it was very fiddly.

Have you considered using the Campag TT lever/switches? I think they would fit in the handlebar ends on drop bars, like old school cyclocross bar-end shifters. You'd have to drill an exit hole up near the stem for the wiring plugs to join up near the junction box, then pull the wiring back into the handlebar. You'd also need the TT/Ergolever wiring kit, which has the extra leads for the bar end switches, so it won't be cheap!

Hope this helps.

petal666

by petal666

There doesn't seem to be the same level of hacking as there was on Di2. That was one of the best bits of 7970.

KingofTheMountain

by KingofTheMountain

Reading this now makes me wonder against campy :(