Firmware upgrade Shimano D-Fly Di2 sensor SM-EWW01 (solved)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Yesterday I got my SM-EWW01 sensor in order to get more data points from my Ultegra Di2

Edge 510 with latest firmware:

The data fields are ready

Ultegra Di2 (internal battery) with latest firmware

When hooked up to the E-tube software all components are recognized except for the SM-EWW01 sensor

The SM-EWW01 sensor is enabled on my Edge 510

..but does not flash green like the other enables sensors

Searching for the sensor (shifting while searching, disconnect, and connect cables as suggested in the Shimano manual without success)

But I keep getting this message

An email to Garmin did not help as according to them it's a Shimano problem and vice versa.

This is my last call for hope in order to get it to work, if not it goes back to the store for a refund....

My last and only question is: does anyone know how to upgrade ONLY the SM-EWW01 sensor via the E-tube software?

Who can help me???
Last edited by jsprbcn on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaric

by aaric

Your SM-EWW01 should show up in the e-tube software. There's a checkbox for it in the connection check if I recall. It's also possible one of the wires to it isn't fully engaged, or your unit is defective.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

I just read on another forum where I asked the same question that the SM-EWW01 sensor will only show up in the E-tube software via the SM-PCE 1 diagnosis tool.

I will see if I can find a store who has this tool in order to upgrade the firmware of the sensor.

Last try....

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

yes, you need to connect the EW001 only as stand alone unit to upgrade via PCE1 .. i did in this way

come to Milan and i offer you a meal and the update :-)
http://eliflap.it/

amb001

by amb001

I updated mine (although on a dura ace di2 setup) using the etube software.

I connected bike as usual to my laptop using the Junction B box, ran the etube connection test but had to scroll down on the components window to manually include the EWW01 sensor in the scan.

It then identified a firmware update was required and it was installed in the usual way.

I hope this helps.

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

amb001 wrote:I connected bike as usual to my laptop using the Junction B box, ran the etube connection test but had to scroll down on the components window to manually include the EWW01 sensor in the scan.

The EWW01 does not even show up in the list..... any idea why?

tnc1970

by tnc1970

amb001 wrote:I updated mine (although on a dura ace di2 setup) using the etube software.

I connected bike as usual to my laptop using the Junction B box, ran the etube connection test but had to scroll down on the components window to manually include the EWW01 sensor in the scan.

It then identified a firmware update was required and it was installed in the usual way.

I hope this helps.

+1 (In my case, using junction A box). You need to select/include EWW01 manually the 1st time as described by previous poster.
If unit doesn't show... you may need to connect only EWW01 to junction A and see if it is recognized

Pairing with Garmin 510 is, at best, a random thing. Took me many many switch on/off for the unit to be paired.

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

I have these:

Whatever I tried I do not get the SM-EWW01 unit to appear in the list below: (or is it the maybe SW switch unit? I did not tried that actually :oops: )

Some one told me I need to upgrade the firmware of the SM-EWW01 via the SM-PCE1 diagnostic tool comnnected to the E-tube software.

So if you managed to do it at home with the same gear as I have please tell me how?

Thanks!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

are you plugging it in to something.. I've had mine on the RD and the battery.. the normal di2 charger should find it, you don't need the diag. to find it or upgrade firmware.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Before I hooked it up to the system with all components connected and tried even without derailleurs and shifters.

I will try later today at home and select the SW (switch unit) and see what happens (I have a little bit more hope.....fingers crossed).

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I want this for my EPS system [no not the software issues].

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I don't know how you do it but it's enough to pick only battery type and then system will find rest of the components.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

TurboKoo wrote:I don't know how you do it but it's enough to pick only battery type and then system will find rest of the components.

I just tried to perform a connection check, but the sensor is not recognized (whatever I try)
I also only selected the internal battery, performed an connection check so the other parts appear, but not the SM-EWW01 sensor.

Selecting the SW (switch unit) is also not working.

I guess I will send this very disappointing product back for a full refund :cry: :cry:

aaric

by aaric

You might double check that you have the latest version of the e-tube software. V 2.5.0 added support for the eww01 http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Everything is up to date as it performs an automatic update check on startup.

De box is ready for shipment so here ends the misery.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com