Campy 2015 downshifting problems

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

michaelemberley

by michaelemberley

Thanks for the link bikerjulio.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

WRT Athena, I have a set from a couple of years ago, and like them just fine.

The new 2015 shifter and derailleur designs apply only to Chorus/Record/SR.

The Athena line hasn't changed as far as cable pull and ratio goes. You can use any pre-2015 RD with the shifters.
Last edited by bikerjulio on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ragamuffin

by Ragamuffin

Really glad I saw this thread as I was about to the pull the trigger and some 2015 Chorus parts.

Does anyone know if this also affects Record/Super Record groups? I feel like this problem would have been brought up by the pros if it had been an issue Record/SR, but I could be wrong about that...

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

All the early testers raved about the redesigned shifters when they came out, which leads me to think that there's a bad batch that got out. If it was a widespread problem we would have heard a lot more by now.

Really like to hear what Graeme at Velotech has to say.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

kelly07

by kelly07

very very good good

jimborello

by jimborello

I have a SUper Record and a Record groupset. After some adjustments I was able to make the Record shift flawlessly but Im still having some issues with the super record also in the 4th gear, it is constantly jumping between cogs and it is annoying. I will try lubing it again and readjusting it and Ill wait to see what Campagnolo has to say about it.

Glasshopper

by Glasshopper

Hello there

Sorry for bringing up an old post but I'm having the same problem with 2015 Record shifters

I had written a long post but annoyingly lost it without the ability to undo FFS

So to cut what was a very long story short what the situation on this matter?

How have people resolved it? Has Campy resolved it? What do I do to resolve it?nwasnt just a bad batch or is tne situation the same?

At least now I know my frame isn't bent

Any help gratefully appreciated & thanks in advance

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Given that this thread has been re-vitalised and I think Glasshopper has also mailed me direct, can I make the following plea?

If you think you have a warranty issue and sorting the problem out with your local retailer or preferably, trained ProShop is not an option, PLEASE SEND THE SERVICE CENTRE IN YOUR MARKET THE ITEM! No manufacture can figure out a potential issue without sight of potentially problematic material ... if it's a batch problem, analysis of problem occurrence by serial number is the only way to nail that down - and having nailed it down, to contain the problem, then fix it.

At Campagnolo, just as at any other manufacturing company, there is a fixed process that is followed once returns of an item with a problem tip over a very small percentage of production. The process (which is a fairly standard tool used in many manufacturing businesses) is designed to set up a team best qualified to look at a problem, identify the exact issue, identify the cause, contain the problem in manufacture, fix the problem in manufacture and then to keep an open review of subsequent production to make sure that the issue is fixed when the revision hits the market. The process won't be triggered without product coming back to the SCs though ... no-one at any manufacturer that I know of can possibly monitor every forum for every comment and institute a process on the basis of hearsay ...

If a lever comes back to us at the SC with a problem of the type described here, we won't just run through the clicks on the lever and say "yep, that's fine", we'll attach the lever to a test system that we know in all other respects to be correct and see if we can replicate the problem - that is the only way to get to the bottom of these issues. Otherwise there are just too many unknowns - not least, we don't have *your* bike in front of us, so I can write as many hundred words as you like on a forum like this but I can't see the way that you have (say) the lever set up on your bike - what I can do, is attach it to a "standard" system set up with correct cabling, correct routing, a dead-square hanger, a properly torqued cassette on a Campag cassette body in a wheel that I know in dead square in the dropouts in a correctly aligned frame built to conform with Campag's standard spec - and then if it doesn't work, we *know* it's the lever - otherwise there is a huge element of guesswork in what the end user (or a shop mech) *might* have done.

So please, guys, use the ProShop network - or if you are outside of their reach, contact your local market SC but if we suggest sending a unit back, it's because we *want* to see it, *want* to understand where the problem lays and strange to relate, we *want* to fix it ... it serves no-one's interest, least of all the manufacturer's, to have product out there which isn't performing the way it should, when it's correctly set up.

If it's not correctly set up - well, that's a different matter ... we'll try and help but where end-users or third parties are convinced they know better than the guys who build the stuff, well, we're a bit stuck, then ...
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!