SRM PC7 battery replacement

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Machinenoise

by Machinenoise

Heya guys, I've read the threads on replacing the battery in the PCV and in the crank itself, buts its the PC7 headunit i have a problem with.
Mine drowned in a tropical thunderstorm, was dried out in a vacuum desiccator, and will now turn on again, but wont hold any charge (~15-30mins max).

I'm capable with a soldering iron and was looking to do a fast change without having to return the PC7 to SRM.

Two questions,
1.has anyone else done this?
2. if so what was the battery type?

I'm awaiting some small torx screwdrivers to dismantle, but would be quicker to order the replacement battery asap too. Any ideas?

I can see from the crap assembly video that did the rounds that the battery is a flat square li-polymer battery but a product number would be ideal!

ms6073

by ms6073

I had a similar issue several years ago when our race got caught in a thunderstorm. Having changed the battery in my SRM, I searched the web and found instructions for swapping out the batteries on my PCVI but before I buttoned it back up, I tested the charge cycle only to find it made no difference as it still would not hold a charge. Sending it to the SRM service center where the tech swapped the PCB improved it a bit but still did not have the battery life that it did pre-deluge so I moved to another head unit and only use the PCVI for troubleshooting powermeter issues.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com