Fizik Carbon Braided rails - 3T seatpost?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

danconi9

by danconi9

I just got my Fizik Arione R1 and now need a seatpost to go with it (the stock SLK I have doesn't fit the oval rails, and I want to replace it anyways).

I've ready many different accounts of attempts to match seatposts/clamps with carbon braided rails and am left more confused then when I started. Right now I'm looking at the 3T ionic 0 ltd stealth, but am unsure what I need to do get the fit right. As I understand it 3T sells this Difflock Mechanism to make this match work: http://store.3tcycling.com/en/spare-parts/seatposts/difflock-mechanism-with-oval-rails-169.html

It's unclear to me if when you order a 3T seatpost they provide a clamp at all, and whether you need to replace that clamp with the difflock mechanism or you they don't provide you one at all. This mechanism is sold out and I don't see it sold anywhere else so that's awesome..

Anyone bought the Ionic for braided rails? Was it necessary to go ahead and buy the Difflock Mechanism to make the seatpost compatible?

If not, I'd love to hear from the other owners of fizik carbon braided saddles about their seatpost set up. I'd prefer to go 3T since I own a Cervelo and they compliement each other quite well.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

The 3T Ionic is sold with the round rail mechanism - so you will need to purchase the oval or 'carbon' mechanism separately.

http://www.bikebug.com/3t-ionic-0-ltd-h ... 27120.html

This is an Australian store but if you scroll down you will see the note regarding the rail compatibility and the need for the oval mechanism, sadly they are not in stock here either.

Good luck on your search

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danconi9

by danconi9

Bummer - but that was a huge help nonetheless.

Cheers!

ms6073

by ms6073

danconi9 wrote:I just got my Fizik Arione R1 and now need a seatpost to go with it (the stock SLK I have doesn't fit the oval rails, and I want to replace it anyways).

Assuming FSA SLK, how old is the seatpost? I had no issues fitting the '15 Fizik Kurve Carbon Bull with braided carbon rails using a '14 FSA SLK carbon post on my CX bike as well as a '15 Fizik Kurve Snake Carbon (also with carbon braided rails) mounted on a K-Force light on my road bike.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I have the oval rail clamps if you need them....PM me if interested.

bratz

by bratz

Btompkins0112 - you got pm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com