Testride and overall comment on my C1 Scott team issue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Hi folks!

Since my bike is build up and the weather was good enough in good old germany to ride on it, i now can summon up my impressions.

Well the first sit on it was flavored with the unlogical fear of breaking the frame immediatly. Well it didnt of course. But its just a peace of plastic.... :D

The roll:
Its smooth, little holes, choppy roads no problem. The frame absorbs alot of the beating coming from the street. The material and the shock absorbing system (what ever that is) making it calm to ride. My old alloy bike is way more harder to ride. Its not like roaling over an ant and yu feel it in your butt...the frame is very comfortable but without losing the feel to the street.
The fork, which was called to stiff or to unflexable is fine. No suspecious happenings here...i come back to it later

The climbing:
Well what to say. That thing climbs by itsself. The stiffness of the frame is right where it belongs. No movement nothing...it seems all energy goes straight to the road. Of course its a consumption of BB`s cranks and frame. But i cannot see or feel any movement. The climbing is A+++!!!

Decending:
You know roller coasters? Its like sitting in one of the waggons. Safety...no swimming of the frame no shivering or movement...i never felt so good on a downhill. I guess there comes the fork again. There are alot of lighter forks out there and probably stiffer ones two. But that fork fits perfect to the frame. Iam already addicted to speed down with that thingy.

Sprint:
No problem...like climbing absolute stiffness. A +++!!!

That bike is pure fun to ride. Its a pleasure...its like an arabic racing horse...its a winner!!!!
Attachments
Finalversion.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bruiser

by Bruiser

What is your opnion of the old Ultegra, do Scott offer the same frame with Dura Ace?

What was your opinion on the Cosmic wheels?

Cheers

Brian

P.S I'm shopping for a carbon bike.

simonali

by simonali

Scott only offer this frame built with Dura-Ace 10. The Ultegra bike (which I own) is a slightly different frame.

www.scottusa.com

go to european products

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

As far as i know, they sell the Pro just as a full equiped bike with Ultegra, and no frameset. You gotta buy the team issue like i did to build up your own bike. If yu got the cash...its the best frame out there.

The cosmics...good solid wheels, very nice for speeding flat terrain and little hills. But they are heavy so yu got to lift them up the hill...and good looking. :wink: Good training wheel. I use a pair of Ksyrium SL for climbing.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

try this link, it goes directly to the bike....

http://www.scottusa.com/product.php?UID=4848
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Looking at the Aust'n page http://www.netti.com.au/products/generic/detail.asp?f_CatalogueID=20&f_CategoryID=52&f_ProductID=646 the bike is very expensive here.

Is the frame really that good compared to other carbon frames?

Brian

cadence90

by cadence90

Where is this frame available in the US?
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Its not avialable in the States yet...march maybe.

@ Bruiser
That price is hilarious...i payed 1998 € for the frameset...around 1500 € for the record stuff plus mavic breaks. The rest is peanuts.
So yu can imagine how much that thing should cost.

martin

by martin

Bruiser wrote:Looking at the Aust'n page http://www.netti.com.au/products/generic/detail.asp?f_CatalogueID=20&f_CategoryID=52&f_ProductID=646 the bike is very expensive here.

Is the frame really that good compared to other carbon frames?
Brian

It kicked ass in all tests i've seen so far.
Possibly the best frame you can get for your money today. incredibly light yet very stiff.

Martin

Superlite

by Superlite

Hey! Your a moderator now to! MARTIN! WASSSUP! :lol:

if I could get the CR1 I'd probley use that for my future bike. it looks sweeeet. I'm in no hurry though, plus being broke doesn't help. lol

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martin

by martin

Superlite wrote:Hey! Your a moderator now to! MARTIN! WASSSUP! :lol:

Yup, got promoted, so you better watch your language from now on, there's a new mod in town :lol:

..nah, i'm only joking, of course :wink:

Martin