DADi2 or 2015 Record Mech or 2014 Record EPS V1 for C60

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

Calnago wrote:Re wheels, if you go Campy, and you know you want to :wink: ...

being an all black frame color, it can be kinda boring with all black. I have a matte black c59 and I've got bright label Boras on it. It's perfect and I wouldn't trade for the dark lables. Yet these same bright label wheels look hideous on a colorful C50 (ST02 paint scheme) that I have. So, tossup on the wheels... go with your gut on that one.

Word of caution on the Presa Bars... Pain In The Ass to route mechanical cables internally. If you go that route, you pretty much have to 1) attach cables to the shifters unmounted to bars (except for the mounting band and bolt), 2) route the housings through the bars, then 3) push the shifters and cables all the way onto the bars, line up with the mounting bolt and lock it down. Doable, bit still a pain.

Looking forward to seeing it all built up. :thumbup:

Yeah I'll admit, going for campy gruppo is also bec I want to run Boras 8) and yeah I will prob go bright label. I know lots like the stealth look, but I prefer a bit of contrast and the white in the bora logos will match the white colnago logo, and there are enough red accents in the RSCG scheme to match the red in the boras. I've seen it done on the matte Italia black and looks great, I imagine with the gloss Italia black it would work equally well.

Yeah heard about the drama with presas - but does it affect shift performance? Or just the setup and routing?

Yeah will post the build soon. Just waiting on the wheelset. Exciting! :D

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

Got the frame already! :D It's one of the more recent colourway releases - RSCG Italia Black Gloss (Team Europcar). Th gloss is stunning in person. Sorry for the large pics. :oops:

Btw, my LBS is willing to do me a deal on Record EPS 2014 (v1) for the same price as Record Mech 2015. I don't mind having the older version as I like the crankset of that better anyway.

Anyone running Record 2014 EPS V1 and care to share experience on consistency?

Oh and btw if this thread needs to move to the Gallery section, pls let me know!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Harmitc

by Harmitc

Very nice! Are you using a battery mounted inside the seat tube?

fogman

by fogman

I have to agree that the 2014 Campy crankset looks way nicer than the 2015. However the 2015 accepts both standard and compact chainrings whereas the 2014 only accepts compact or standard (not both).
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

Harmitc wrote:Very nice! Are you using a battery mounted inside the seat tube?

Thanks! I thought V1 EPS only had the external batt?

Harmitc

by Harmitc

Yes V1 has the external battery, thought you might be upgrading to a V2 battery as I just think it looks much neater with it mounted internally. That V1 battery and interface was rather large.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

well, if you must have campy and you can get the v1 electric at same price as mechanical, of course go electric.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'd still pay a premium for mechanical, especially the 2015 stuff.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

Harmitc wrote:Yes V1 has the external battery, thought you might be upgrading to a V2 battery as I just think it looks much neater with it mounted internally. That V1 battery and interface was rather large.

Is the v2 batt and brain compatible with the older FD/RD? Sorry I'm a lot more familiar with DI2 than EPS, but for this build, just has to be Campy.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

yes, but you will need new v2 eps power charger & v2 eps interface.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Some v1 interfaces [later production] will work with a v2 battery. Mine works fine. If it is missing some features, I have not noticed yet.