DADi2 or 2015 Record Mech or 2014 Record EPS V1 for C60

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Di2... I've used campy mech and eps.. Longtime campy mech guy... Dadi2 on my main bike and my wifes' now.. Ui2 going on the race bike even.. I like it that much.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grouk

by grouk

i have two bikes for week train i have mechanical for long rides and race i have DI2 and meni hate weeks :D
eletric is freaking awsome and if you have sprint and climb switchs better, i know campy+colnago=perfection but eletric shifting... men you have to tray it

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

C60 and Campy 2015 mechanical SR, done. I know a lot of people like electric shifting, I'm not one. Unless it's a TT bike, different story with being able to shift from the two positions and having to deal with convoluted cable routing. So far to me, a perfectly tuned mechanical system outperforms electric. The key is getting the mechanical system perfectly tuned which, admittedly, is more difficult to achieve than with electric. If I was a mechanic on a pro team, having everyone on electric would make life simpler. But to a guy with loads of time and expertise in getting things perfect, mechanical is so much more satisfying.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

showdown

by showdown

After my TXOR C59 with Di2 was stolen I replaced it with a C60 THOR with Di2 (photos to come when it's not -12 outside). It's a match made in heaven.

In the interim, riding SRAM, Campy and Shimano mechanical all seemed archaic, clunky and imperfect to me....

rosuch

by rosuch

get the Campy but I am very brand loyal. Also the Campy shifters fit better in my hands.

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

rosuch wrote:get the Campy but I am very brand loyal. Also the Campy shifters fit better in my hands.

Yeah they sit well in my hands too, though so does DADI2. Of course if I went Rec Mech 2015, then it is cheaper than DA too.

Another option is I go for V1 Record EPS. My LBS is letting it go same price as Rec Mech 15 and the 5 arm spider is a classic

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

double
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

fogman

by fogman

Colnago deserves Campagnolo.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

fogman wrote:Colnago deserves Campagnolo.

True dat. And for some reason, I think mechanical for this build just ads to the "purity" of it.

Build is...

C60 Italia Gloss Black
Deda Zero 100
Deda Presa
Selle Italia SLR Flow (if I can still find a black 2013 one)
Bora One 50 (can't decide if I go bright label or dark a la europcar)
Shamal Mille as alternate

So if I go the campy route, then wheelset is also campy. If DA, then fulcrum

Harmitc

by Harmitc

Personally I think "Dark Label" looks better. On such a lovely bike much less "pimp my ride".

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

Harmitc wrote:Personally I think "Dark Label" looks better. On such a lovely bike much less "pimp my ride".

Yeah the Europcar ones do look well balanced and badass with class with the dark labels. Bright is more bling. Will see.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Re wheels, if you go Campy, and you know you want to :wink: ...

being an all black frame color, it can be kinda boring with all black. I have a matte black c59 and I've got bright label Boras on it. It's perfect and I wouldn't trade for the dark lables. Yet these same bright label wheels look hideous on a colorful C50 (ST02 paint scheme) that I have. So, tossup on the wheels... go with your gut on that one.

Word of caution on the Presa Bars... Pain In The Ass to route mechanical cables internally. If you go that route, you pretty much have to 1) attach cables to the shifters unmounted to bars (except for the mounting band and bolt), 2) route the housings through the bars, then 3) push the shifters and cables all the way onto the bars, line up with the mounting bolt and lock it down. Doable, bit still a pain.

Looking forward to seeing it all built up. :thumbup:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

rossjm11

by rossjm11

jimborello wrote:Colnago C60?? Of course campagnolo Record!!! who cares about functionality both work fine but campy is in another league in terms of pure beauty.

I have to agree with this. Italian bikes warrant Campy more then any others, but even with DA, I'm sure your bike will rock!
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

coloclimber

by coloclimber

If you want it to work over and over without question- DADi2 and forget about it.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com