How to build a stunning OFWH C60?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ColnaRosa

by ColnaRosa

I ordered this traditional framesets months ago and considered how to built a nice bike

frankly, this frame painting is a piece of work, but... it is really hard to make the completed bike looks nice, here is some failed examples, not offensive

here is some beautiful bikes but still not stunning:

which i mean stunning bike should be like these below:

although they are not the same type painting framesets... but the feeling should be familiar?

any brilliant ideas? thanks a lot

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I am having a hard time seeing what is wrong with the bicycles above?? They look great! What am I missing?

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Oh I get it.......Never Mind........I did not read all the captions. Personally, I like all except the second bike. These Colnago's really go well with Lightweight wheels or any other similar deep carbon rims like the Corima's or Bora's. I especially like the pink bike.
Last edited by mnmasotto on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richt1978

by Richt1978

I don't think the last one you listed in your failed examples looks that bad (Bora's with Super Record RS) - don't like the bottle cage or black saddle. It has similar finishing kit to the White one you like. I think the fact it is a very small size that does not help it.

Know what you mean though - I decided against getting a Red OFRG for the same reasons.

Also feel the frame matched seat post might be a step to far - the black posts work better for me.

ColnaRosa

by ColnaRosa

Richt1978 wrote:I don't think the last one you listed in your failed examples looks that bad (Bora's with Super Record RS) - don't like the bottle cage or black saddle. It has similar finishing kit to the White one you like. I think the fact it is a very small size that does not help it.

Know what you mean though - I decided against getting a Red OFRG for the same reasons.

Also feel the frame matched seat post might be a step to far - the black posts work better for me.

hmmm sorry... i listed it in the beautiful bike but not stunning enough rather than failed :D OFRG and black OFGC are easier to be good looking compared with OFWH, i am now reeeeeeeeeeeeeally excruciating how to make it gorgeous...

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Those artsy Colnagos often work best with very subdued kit. Black Deda or Cinelli parts maybe, possibly try to match the frame highlights with the bar tape. No decals on the wheels unless they are Campagnolo Bora.

ColnaRosa

by ColnaRosa

HillRPete wrote:Those artsy Colnagos often work best with very subdued kit. Black Deda or Cinelli parts maybe, possibly try to match the frame highlights with the bar tape. No decals on the wheels unless they are Campagnolo Bora.

cheers mate, i suppose i catch your meaning, do you have any bar tape recommendation?

HillRPete

by HillRPete

ColnaRosa: I'm a sucker for Fizik wrap. "Performance" tape feels great if you like riding without gloves. Superlight is durable and easy to clean. Also matches nicely with my preference for their Antares saddle, which comes in many colours.

Hey, that said, a C60 completely kitted out in Fizik might be just the thing. Their components line is interesting.

ColnaRosa

by ColnaRosa

HillRPete wrote:ColnaRosa: I'm a sucker for Fizik wrap. "Performance" tape feels great if you like riding without gloves. Superlight is durable and easy to clean. Also matches nicely with my preference for their Antares saddle, which comes in many colours.

Hey, that said, a C60 completely kitted out in Fizik might be just the thing. Their components line is interesting.

haha, i am a big fizik fan as well, i used superlight bar tape on my C59 and it looks really great.

due to many reasons, i cannot use fizik headsets so far

now i am penniless but i will purchase a fizik arione 00 saddle soon and have a try!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com