Optimized height of internal DI2 battery.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gardenvelo

by gardenvelo

Hello Forum,
Has there every been a test of whether placing the Di2 battery lower in the seat tube provides either a better out of the saddle climbing experience or actually faster climbing speeds?

When the bike swings back and forth during out of the saddle efforts, wouldn't you want as little weight near the saddle?

Any thoughts on this?

goodboyr

by goodboyr

No.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Leave it where you can access it or retrieve it easily in case you run into any problems. It is veery light already.sd.g

Pottsy

by Pottsy

Not sure if serious or trying to troll. Kappa

rma

by rma

Leave where it is easy to service... I had trouble doing anything different from that

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

I was silly enough not to double-check that the e-tube lead was securely inserted/fastened to the battery after changing to a new seatpost; did not even think to perform a simple battery check before heading out the next morning for the weekly group ride, only to find nothing worked! Lesson learned and it was a quick fix but had the battery been stuffed deep down inside the seat tube as opposed to installed in the end of the seatpost, I would have ended up packing up and driving home instead of out enjoying a nice training ride with friends!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"