BIANCHI - Looking for a steel or aluminium frame / bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ohergo

by ohergo

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a Bianchi road frame and fork or complete bike.
Size could be 50 or 52, on celeste colour. Tubing have to be steel or aluminium, no carbon. Would love one from the 90's or early 00's.

Thanks a lot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ohergo

by ohergo

Anybody?

tids0009

by tids0009

Good luck, they are not easy to come by. I bought my Bianchi SL below brand new in January 2001, i'll never sell it though. So nice to ride. They are great bikes, especially from the 90's and early 2000's when they were all still made in italy by hand.

ohergo

by ohergo

tids0009 wrote:Good luck, they are not easy to come by. I bought my Bianchi SL below brand new in January 2001, i'll never sell it though. So nice to ride. They are great bikes, especially from the 90's and early 2000's when they were all still made in italy by hand.

Congratulations, the bike looks gorgeous.
How does it feel while riding, stiff and smooth ride?
Do you know the difference between your model SL Lite Alloy or XL EV2 Lite Alloy and L Lite Alloy?

Thanks.

Norregard

by Norregard

Where are you from? There's at least a couple on a Belgian second hand website. Don't know if I can post them here so I'll send them to you by PM.

kgt

by kgt

This is the ultimate Bianchi frame from the '90s IMHO. Steel frame, Columbus genius tubeset.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Yes that's a nice Bianchi, Columbus Genius is great. An alternative would be Bianchi Proto made of Columbus MAX. Guess it depends more on what you find in acceptable condition, than what you want.

glepore

by glepore

As I said in the other thread, I just picked up a like new 50 cm XL2 from ebay. They're hard to find but a diligent search should turn something up.

As a guide, as spent a little over $450 for the frame.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

ohergo

by ohergo

glepore wrote:As I said in the other thread, I just picked up a like new 50 cm XL2 from ebay. They're hard to find but a diligent search should turn something up.

As a guide, as spent a little over $450 for the frame.

The frame you got is an XL EV2 Reparto Corse?
If so how does it feel when you ride it? Strong, good quality? Thanks for the information!

ohergo

by ohergo

Gorgeous Bianchi with Genius tubing up there by the way. Columbus MAX would be another option as Brain.

glepore

by glepore

Yes-Haven't had this one out yet. Had one in the early 2000's-relatively nice ride for an aluminum race bike, thoroughbred manners, reasonably stable but willing to snap into a turn. Nice bikes, its why I wanted another for the stable.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

tids0009

by tids0009

ohergo wrote:
tids0009 wrote:Good luck, they are not easy to come by. I bought my Bianchi SL below brand new in January 2001, i'll never sell it though. So nice to ride. They are great bikes, especially from the 90's and early 2000's when they were all still made in italy by hand.

Congratulations, the bike looks gorgeous.
How does it feel while riding, stiff and smooth ride?
Do you know the difference between your model SL Lite Alloy or XL EV2 Lite Alloy and L Lite Alloy?

Thanks.

Thanks Ohergo,

My Bianchi SL feels very smooth, quiet and stiff. Most carbon bikes are a bit noisy as sound resonates throught the frame tubes or carbon bottle cages rattle etc. The Bianchi is completely silent. It's not an all day bike though. It's too stiff for that.

The SL is a lighter version of the L Lite Alloy so would ride very similar i assume. The XL EV2 i think was the top of the range frame at the time and lighter again than the SL which is why they used foam injection inside the tubes to help with strength.

ohergo

by ohergo

Thanks Ohergo,

My Bianchi SL feels very smooth, quiet and stiff. Most carbon bikes are a bit noisy as sound resonates throught the frame tubes or carbon bottle cages rattle etc. The Bianchi is completely silent. It's not an all day bike though. It's too stiff for that.

The SL is a lighter version of the L Lite Alloy so would ride very similar i assume. The XL EV2 i think was the top of the range frame at the time and lighter again than the SL which is why they used foam injection inside the tubes to help with strength.

So you think a bike with an SL Lite Alloy or XL Ev2 Lite Alloy frame won't be a good option for an everyday bike? Because I ride my bike nearly everyday, between 30-60km per day then longer rides the weekend. Thanks for the advice!

tids0009

by tids0009

ohergo wrote:

Thanks Ohergo,

So you think a bike with an SL Lite Alloy or XL Ev2 Lite Alloy frame won't be a good option for an everyday bike? Because I ride my bike nearly everyday, between 30-60km per day then longer rides the weekend. Thanks for the advice!

Really depends on what you are used to. When i first got my Bianchi i did rides around 140km's and felt ok. But then i got a Colnago EPS, did the same rides and felt a lot fresher after the ride with less soreness. Now i only ride my Bianchi on nice days but because i have become use to a carbon frame it feels stiff and less forgiving. Still a brilliant bike to ride and if you never rode anything else you wouldn't know any difference and would be extremely happy with it. I'd recommend one for sure, in fact if i ever seee an EV2 for sale in nice condition i'd buy it.

glepore

by glepore

Hey Ohergo-2 ev2s on ebay now, one a 55 complete bike and the other a 52 frame. The frameset, at least, is seriously overpriced at 699 opening bid. By reference, I paid around $500 for an absolutely perfect "used" frame that had seen mostly trainer use. Unmarked, original fork and cap etc. But, they don't come up often, and its spring...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com