PLEASE HELPP!! Have to decide on which bike in 2 days

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Propel advanced Pro 1 or Advanced 2?

Propel Advanced Pro 1
100%
Propel Advanced 2
No votes

Total votes: 8

Sonicy95

by Sonicy95

Hi guys, my name is Sonic and I am new to this forum. Its my first time posting on a forum so please forgive me if I do anything I'm not supposed to.

I am deciding between a Propel advanced 2 and a Propel advanced Pro 1. I own an Anyroad 1 and I would like to ride with my dad so we are getting a second one but don't know which one to get. The Pro 1 has a great color and I like it however I am worried about it being too good for us( mainly me) and the full carbon wheel set is also new to me. The adv 2 runs Giant PA-2 rims and seems like a good entry level wheel set to me. My dad says that we can either start with adv 2 and build my way up as time passes and switching parts as I get better or go directly to the Pro 1 and get the good stuff. I think I know a decent amount of things about shimano stuff and some other things about road bikes so I would like some detailed info and advice/opinion on these 2 bikes and which one you prefer or suggest. Thank you very much, I would appreciate it a ton as this is going to be a huge huge decision and a very very important one for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ajh

by ajh

One thing you cannot change would be the steerer. On the lower level bike it is alum which will be heavier and transmit more vibration.

There is also a pro 2 which has carbon faring alum wheels for a lower price point.

I have last years advanced pro and love it. It is fast and comfortable.

Sonicy95

by Sonicy95

Thank you for your reply, however my dad is not considering the advanced pro 2 because he thinks that it is in between both bikes. He either wants to be a lower level propel or a higher level propel. Really appreciate your reply.

jeffy

by jeffy

your dad is wrong. advanced pro 2 a great bike. the differences are minimal between pro 1 & pro 2

mimason

by mimason

always get the best bike up front. The Pro 1 is awesome. If this is the orange and black or the blue and black its a killer bike. A buddy has the orange and I say the blue today. The blue looks awesome in person....not so much in pics. The metallic blue looks real nice and the bike I saw had orange bar tape. it was really nice looking.

Sonicy95

by Sonicy95

Thanks guys for your help!! Can anyone describe or share their thoughts about the OD2 steerer?

kkibbler

by kkibbler

There's nothing wrong with OD2 in and of itself, but there are far fewer aftermarket options for headsets, spacers, stems. I can't say it is that much stiffer than 1-1/8" steerers.

Sonicy95

by Sonicy95

If I ride deep section wheels like the ones the pro 1 comes with, will I be blown around on my bike if there is wind? Considering the fact that I am about 50-55kg.

Sonicy95

by Sonicy95

Oh and can someone explain why I should get the best bike up front? Is there any benefit in the future?

jeffy

by jeffy

best frame up front is the better idea, based on the fact that components will wear and get replaced / upgraded. it is much harder/expensive to upgrade the frame.

considering

1) your blowing around comment
2) you're coming from an anyroad

you would be better suited to a Defy Adv Pro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Benno

by Benno

Just put some slicks on the anyroad? I have a Revolt 0 that I put slicks on occasionally and it rides just fine.