Berk saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

physeter

by physeter

I'm looking for a lightweight saddle that should replace my tune speedneedle.

Nothing wrong with the tune, I really like it and have enjoy it, but since I have experienced some rubbing issues in my bib shorts I want to try something different.

Without doubt the Berk saddle is one of the most interesting option. In the past I have owned a dash 6.7 and was really a pain in the ass

I would like to know experience and feedback of Berk saddles owners ( if anyone have owned the tune speedneedle and have swaped to Berk would be great)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

No experience with Berk but if you are happy with Speedneedle shape you may consider Smud saddle. I owned the first gen for few seasons and it was very comfy at 67g. Have also been using Speedneedle on my mtb bike for many years.
Great saddles.
Last edited by 1415chris on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

+ 1 on the Smud saddle (It is also 140 EUR cheaper than Berk)

Jesper64

by Jesper64

Sorry a slight bit off topic but thanks for letting us know about Smud. Hadn't heard of them before.

BmanX

by BmanX

BERK makes amazing products. I love my saddle and would not have a problem dropping the money on another one shortly.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

physeter

by physeter

No doubt about Berk work quality. I'm more interested in the shape of the saddle and experience of users.

I have take a look to smud as well and appears to be a good option.

BmanX

by BmanX

Mine was based on the SLR saddle I believe but I can tell you that the carbon shell feels better than the original SLR
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Jesper64

by Jesper64

Does the berk saddle have much flex in it? A long shot but has anyone know how it compares to an AX Lightness Leaf?

rosuch

by rosuch

Berk makes amazing pieces

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

I second Berk as well. I have his saddle/seatpost combo. Top product and top guy to work with.

I have a few Smud components too as he is from my native country. Top quality too, but recently the contact has been poor.

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

VeloZephyr
in the industry

by VeloZephyr

I haven't tried a Berk saddle, but he's a nice guy to work with.

Have you guys checked out the saddles that Joshua Clark at Velo Gold in Fort Worth, Texas makes? I haven't ridden one, but I know he was selling one cheaply which was a return/exchange. They are really nice looking.
https://www.facebook.com/VeloZephyr
https://instagram.com/velozephyr/
http://velozephyr.com/

Velo Zephyr | Custom Carbon Fiber Bikes | Handmade in Boulder, CO

apotekar

by apotekar

Hello!

At first I had the innegra twill version of the Berk saddle, but it felt a bit hard on the inner edges of the saddle so I sent it back for a bit of padding and a leather cover -> now I have no problems on 4-5 hour rides... :) One should mention, that I sit way back on this saddle compared to the Prologo I had before so I am thinking of exchanging my offset Masterpiece seatpost for a straight one...

and yes, the guys at Berk-composites are a blast to work with - and I am not saying that just because we are fellow Slovenians :)

cheers, A.

KCookie

by KCookie

I have purchased two of Jures saddles in the last few weeks, unfortunately due to injuries I haven't been out on the road only on the trainer and I find it to be the most comfortable saddle yet, and that's in shorts and no padding. Jure is a pleasure to do business with.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

I'm impatiently waiting for mine to arrive.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Mine has arrived and weighs in at 76 grams. Haven't rode it yet, but tested it by sitting on it. So far it's very comfortable, let's hope it stays the same when I ride it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com