Berk saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

funtez

by funtez

^^
:beerchug: Congrats looks absolutely killer. I look forward to reading some ride impressions.

Excuse my ignorance but what finish is that model?

thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MNX1024

by MNX1024

funtez wrote:^^
:beerchug: Congrats looks absolutely killer. I look forward to reading some ride impressions.

Excuse my ignorance but what finish is that model?

thanks

It's the Innegra finish, hence it's about 7 gram heavier than the other finish due to its cosmetic layer. As for ride report, not sure I can get it in anytime soon, haha. It's going on my none main bike since I'm testing this to make sure the 132 fits me. Won't be riding this until probably next week the earliest.

funtez

by funtez

Excellent, please do report back. I'm in a similar position, unsure what size to go for..

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi!
Just saw this topic and it would make sense to join your discussions, also if you have any more questions please just let me know.

Yes the innegra special edition saddle weights a bit more because the look. Otherwise the 132mm saddles are <69g.

Our aim was to design a carbon saddle that is comfortable (with similar flex like any other plastic saddle) so that it is completely reliable for every day use. At this moment we are working also on a saddle that would be for riders up to 110kg, the saddles that we now produce are unfortunately only for max. 85kg (the best compromise for that weight), for riders that weight more we need to change the saddle rails (we will make them oval - 7x9mm, similar like all other manufacturers we have to add more material in the saddle rails to make them more durable).

Thank you for the compliments! And sorry for the silence in the past 2-3 weeks, had an accident and had to rest (concusion and a few stitches..), but already completely recovered and back at work!

Cheers,
Jure

Jesper64

by Jesper64

Hi Jure,

Is there any problem hanging a bike by one of your saddles? Like the picture below?

Or

MNX1024

by MNX1024

After riding with my Berk saddle with a couple of short fast rides (25 miles/40 km) and a century. I can report back that this is one of the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden! No saddle sore after my rides and I don't feel a thing the next day even after the century. A good pair of shorts/bibs with nice pads are a must. Though, I've rode with my cheap $10 DHB bibs and still felt fine. Since there's no padding on this saddle, it's necessary spend some time getting the position correct or you'll be in a world of pain due to that. Another thing is, there will be a break in period for your behind, not the saddle. Unless you're coming from another non padded saddle, you'll need some time to get use to the stiff surface. Also, I normally ride a 143mm on a S-Works Toupe and going to the Berk 132mm was fine for me. The Berk saddle will get nothing but praises from me, but what works for me might not work for others.

TLDR - Just go to Jure and say, "Take my money and give me the saddle!" :lol:

TARE

by TARE

My first post.

I'm riding berk saddle for almost two years. The bike is hanging like this all the time without any problem. :)

genebdr

by genebdr

+1 for Berk, love mine

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Yes there is no problem to hang the bike like on the photos above :thumbup:

genebdr, I'm glad to hear that, thanks!

tomtom

by tomtom

Superb saddle! Mine broke (bridge), maybe my mistake I do not know. Berk replaced it without any hassle and costs :-)!!
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

kode54

by kode54

i have a combo seat post saddle combo shaped like a Speedneedle. excellent quality and great communication with Jure. from a busy custom builder...couldn't ask for anymore.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

I'm glad to hear the compliments, thanks! :thumbup: We are giving our best

Jesper64

by Jesper64

Berk wrote:Yes there is no problem to hang the bike like on the photos above :thumbup:

genebdr, I'm glad to hear that, thanks!

Excellent good to hear.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Question, I'm coming off a Tune Komm Vor Plus. I'm about to throw in the towel with this saddle granted the peeling leather on the back, delaminating clear coat and the rough edges below the nose are the saddle are slowly killing my bibs.

I'm leaning towards this saddle too, have heard nothing but good things but would any owners please be kind to snap and post of a photo of the underside of the saddle?
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joona

by Joona

berk saddle is that form & lether version best!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com