Extralight Hub SR vs SLX

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ironman1

by ironman1

Does anyone know if you can tell what model of extralight hub you have by looking at it or simple disassembly? I originally purchased an Ultra rear SR campy hub for a project in late 2008. Invoice says Ultrarear SR. Did nothing with it and about 2 years later traded for what I thought was same in Shimano and laced up to Enve rim. Now taking the plunge and switching everything over to 11 speed. E-mailed Extralight for hub conversion kit and was told kit does not work for SR hubs. Not certain if hub is SR or SLX since 2 years apart and they look the same to me. Any help would be appreciated.
2nd if it is a SR for sure , could I just put a campy body back on it if I could find one and re-dish ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Sergio and/or Alessandro at Extralite are very helpful.
I would honestly take some good quality photos of the hubs from different angles and send them to them with your questions.
Posting photos here might also help members determine the hub for you.

ms6073

by ms6073

ironman1 wrote:Not certain if hub is SR or SLX since 2 years apart and they look the same to me. Any help would be appreciated.
2nd if it is a SR for sure , could I just put a campy body back on it if I could find one and re-dish ?

Comparing the UltraRear SR SM manteinance level 2 (2007/2008) to the
UltraRear SX (2009/2010) and the older hub has a drive-side teflon out bushing which was removed in the newer hubs.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"