Propel Advanced Pro or SL?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Which one should I get?

Propel Advanced SL - White
74%
Propel Advanced PRO - Orange
26%

Total votes: 34

Benno

by Benno

Hmmmm interesting thread. It is my opinion that after recently purchasing an SL Defy that the ISP is not worth the trouble. You have to worry about which saddle you will run, shoes, pedals, resale, a change in flexibility. So many variables dependent on seat height you never seriously consider before owning an ISP. Then there is the more cumbersome case when flying. Meh, just not worth it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lannes

by lannes

Last edited by lannes on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aham23

by aham23

older thread but i have a frameset question. US purchase of the Propel Advanced Pro frameset and i am confused on the bottom bracket. specifically what does it come with? the site states:

BOTTOM BRACKET: BB86 accepts press-fit style BB only, bearing set not included.

does this mean a BB86 is already press fit in at the factory and i just add the proper bearing set? much thanks.

lannes

by lannes

aham23 wrote:older thread but i have a frameset question. US purchase of the Propel Advanced Pro frameset and i am confused on the bottom bracket. specifically what does it come with? the site states:

BOTTOM BRACKET: BB86 accepts press-fit style BB only, bearing set not included.

does this mean a BB86 is already press fit in at the factory and i just add the proper bearing set? much thanks.

Never seen the bb86 with just the bearing cups in, excluding bearings.
So I would assume you need the complete bb86

Safer going with one of the threaded bb86 by wheels mfg, I've converted all my bb86 giants to this type of bottom bracket, less problems overall.
You could also use loctitie 641

antprok

by antprok

it simply mentions which width will you need and choose the proper bottom bracket bearings internal ddiameter depending on your crank, 24mm or 30mm

aham23

by aham23

thank you. i have a P2M with Rotor 3D crank, so 24mm. guess the next question is which bottom bracket. riding about 7000 miles a year in the midwest i am in all kinds of conditions that are not so BB friendly. thinking ceramic is the way to go for this build. not sure.

lannes

by lannes

aham23 wrote:thank you. i have a P2M with Rotor 3D crank, so 24mm. guess the next question is which bottom bracket. riding about 7000 miles a year in the midwest i am in all kinds of conditions that are not so BB friendly. thinking ceramic is the way to go for this build. not sure.

I went with the angular contact bearign design, supposed to offer advantages if you believe the marketing.

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb ... black.html

aham23

by aham23

appreciate the help. i went with Kogel and ordered yesterday.