a good saddle for someone with a pelvic floor issue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

G6612

by G6612

I have been told I have a pelvic floor muscle issue that has been giving me trouble for the past two years. I have been off the bike for about 6 months and finally just started Physical Therapy and it seems to be working. My question is can anyone recommend a saddle that would be a good choice for me. Some background on this, I was riding a Specialized Toupe when my problems started and have switched to a Selle Italia Superflow 145 acutally have used it the past year. Can anyone comment on the Selle SMP they have so many models not sure which one to look at or once I am helaed stick with my current saddle.

Appreciate anyones input.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited to take the screaming out of the topic title.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Recommending a saddle for anyone is a rather impossible task since our bottoms are different. The choice of saddles also depends on how you are positioned on the bike. A topic like these will possibly get commonplace answers.
I can only tell you that my wife thinks SMP saddles are the best ever. For choosing a saddle from their line up you might want to have a look at their best kept secret, a table of reference: http://www.sellesmp.com/smp4bike/it/sup ... -selezione This table will quite easily guide you through the saddle choice.\

While you have the site still open browse around to see if you can find any info on how to set it up on your bike. The SMP's behave differently then any other saddle i know.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

cmus

by cmus

It's impossible to recommend saddles, there are too many variables, especially if there is a medical problem involved. You will simply have to go with trial and error.

However, maybe I can give you some very general recommendations if you explain what kind of pelvic floor issues you're having. Did you get a specific diagnosis? What are your symptoms? Are you male or female, how old are you? What kind of physical therapy are you getting? I'm not trying to be nosy or indiscreet, but as a medical student, I may be able to understand what's physically wrong and go from there. You can PM me, if you want.

racingcondor

by racingcondor

If you haven't seen them then Adamo saddles might be useful to you but as others have said depending on the issue you're having it is impossible to say anything certain.

Good luck finding something that works for you.