How many miles do you have on the Praxis chainrings?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

allenpg

by allenpg

I realized I've got 10k+ miles on my Praxis chainrings with no issues thus far. Just wondering how many miles others have gotten out of theirs? I live in SoCal, so no real weather issues for the drivetrain. I upgraded from 10-speed to 11-speed so things might be more sensitive now. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pigpen

by pigpen

I have 12,000-15,000 on mine. they have been used in snow, hail, rain, sleet, and so forth... They look fine to me so far, the only reason I am taking them of is I want aero 52/36 rings.

superdx

by superdx

Maybe 7-8k on mine, have ridden them in torrential rain, extreme humidity and heat. No problems at all, but are chainrings a component that develop issues?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have about 30,000k's (18,000 miles) on a set of rotor q rings which is still going strong. I have no idea how people wear out chainrings regularly.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

This thread is very encouraging!! I've barely got 2000 miles on mine, and I'm very happy they're gonna last a lot longer!!

Now, if Praxis would start making rings for the SRAM hidden bolt cranks, I'd really be happy!! Stock SRAM rings don't last nearly as long as like them to!!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

good news to me too.. with only about 1k miles on them... I'll likely have them longer then the bike :)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Had mine for a season and they look perfect honestly.
Just ride ..

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

I was quite disappointed when I wore out my little ring last year. Then I looked at my training log and realised I'd done 19,000km since getting them and didn't feel so bad.

mythical

by mythical

My 53/37T Praxis rings have served me since 2007 (they were production prototypes). I've logged countless miles on them that surely exceed 10K miles. Our double that. Or even triple that. Or probably more...

No one knows how many km I rode on them but they are still in great shape and I'm guess that must be due the rings being forged.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Sleepless

by Sleepless

9k and they are slightly bent. :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

NiFTY wrote:I have about 30,000k's (18,000 miles) on a set of rotor q rings which is still going strong. I have no idea how people wear out chainrings regularly.

Easy, their chains are filthy and they cross-chain like a mofo. Seen it all too ofen.