Felt F1 or F FRD

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jsulse

by jsulse

Looking to pick up one of these frames in 51cm and hope to get as much info as possible to make decision. Thanks for your help!
Oh, been racing and training on a Trek Madone 6 series for the last few years and would like to know how these frames compare.

Cheers,
J

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jsulse

by jsulse

I am looking for information on the F series bikes. That link is for AR series thread with little said about F series frames.
Understand that the F FRD is newest and best of the line but also want to know how the F1 works in. Can only find bits and pieces of intel around the web. The cost difference is sizable between the F1 and F FRD frame sets and would like to know more about their differences and histories to help make a decision.

Cheers,
J

Jesper64

by Jesper64

I found it quite hard to find much info on the Felt F series too, lots of discussion about the AR but not much about the F series. Essentially the FRD uses a more expensive carbon fibre to be a lighter frame. The F1 frame (previously called FC) use to not have Textreme carbon but in the 2015 models the Textreme carbon has trickled down from the FRD to include the F1.

Some weights that I have written down for both frame and fork is 950g for the FRD and 1200g for the F1.

The FRD is electronic only routing whereas the F1 frame I believe has provisions for mounting external cable stops.

aaric

by aaric

Realistically, if you are looking for value for the money, get the F1. If you want the best, with cost as less of a factor (slight decrease in weight, ceramic bearings, etc) get the FRD.