BMC SLR 01 2013 DI2 Version need help!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MARLON

by MARLON

Hello guys,

I need Your help.

I am not sure if i am Right But Heard, that there are Problems with the " old " BMc Frames especislly With the seatpost.

Is this also a Problem , or Other Problems with the 2013 Model ?
The Version shown on the pic ive attached Image

Looking forward To get YOUR comments .

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
BACK IN BLACK

rma

by rma

Never heard anything like that. I have 3 buddies riding these BMCs and not a single complaint.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MARLON

by MARLON

rma wrote:Never heard anything like that. I have 3 buddies riding these BMCs and not a single complaint.

Thx for YOUR comment

Which Model years are they ?

BACK IN BLACK

MARLON

by MARLON

Any Rider weight Limit ?
I am 187cm 90 kg

BACK IN BLACK

plpete

by plpete

Maybe you are referring to the older models that did not have a seat post clamp. My 2011 BMC (see my sig) has that kind and although some raiders have reported noise coming from the seat post I have not had any issues. Most of the noise was solved with a light application of carbon paste. To play it safe BMC has moved back to a more traditional post and collar.

clarkson

by clarkson

We have probably ten to fifteen team riders on the 2012-2013 slr frames, not a single issue I'm aware of. What problem have you heard rumors of?

MARLON

by MARLON

clarkson wrote:We have probably ten to fifteen team riders on the 2012-2013 slr frames, not a single issue I'm aware of. What problem have you heard rumors of?

Cracked frames and Those Seatpost Storys .

Anyway... Its allready too Late ;)Image

BACK IN BLACK

g32ecs

by g32ecs

The seat post problem were from the SLR01/02 Road Racers from 2011>. It was a single bolt design.

I still have my 2011 RR and yes the problem still exists. BMC provided everyone stickers to solve the issue which was BS. Anyway I ended up getting the frame for free and is now my n+1

MARLON

by MARLON

So no issues With 2013 Models known ?

BACK IN BLACK

djm

by djm

One issue I've heard about are people having their posts stick due to poor cleaning/maintenance. On a round post you can usually "twist" the post out, even if it is all gunked up, not so much on non round posts like that on the BMC. Also there were problems with the older design, as mentioned above.

I have the 2013 myself and I really can't see what could go wrong, except having to clean it once in a while (and apply some carbon paste, like required by almost all designs).

aussietim

by aussietim

Like some others above have mentioned there were some seat post issues with the SL01 Road Racer. I had a 2012 model replaced under warranty (we they acutally gave me a GF01) due to a crack at the seat post fixing, this was in part due to the tear drop shape seat post and fixing design.

As far as I am aware there were no issues with the SLR01 Team Machine.

Devon

by Devon

I cracked a 2013 SLR02 earlier this year (same frame, different dropouts IIRC). Just below the seatpost clamp (at the front) and the seatpost itself. Be very careful with your torque settings.

It's a lovely frame to ride. I got a replacement from BMC with no questions asked (but it took ages), but sold it and got an Aluminium frame that was the same weight, and not dentist red. ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

We used to ride them in the team and besides one frame they were all fine. The one had terrible creaking coming from seatpost and seatpost clamp. But I guess this was fixed in the models 2012 and newer. Otherwise it is a beautiful frame that rides just great.