Another which frame thread.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bfno

by bfno

So given there looks like there will be a new Venge coming out soon I would like to get rid of mine before it depreciates heaps. I really love the venge and I think it suits my riding style well and I have (almost) no complaints. My riding style (well so I like to think) is more of break away guy/ reduced bunch sprint guy (so I appreciate aero but is not necessary). It will be my race bike for road races and crits as well as my weekend ride so it needs to be aggressive and comfortable. Also keeping weight down is important to me.

I have shortened it down to this list at the moment of frames which all fall into the same sort of price range:

- AX Lightness Vial Evo D or R (depending what the geometry is in an XL)
- S-Works Tarmac (I'd probably get a LTD edition colour to limit the inevitable depreciation of Specialized)
- Canyon Aeroad CF SLX (Saw the Katusha guys on these and they look awesome)
- S-Works Venge SL2 (Wait for gen 2 to come out if it does)

I've obviously checked stack and reach and I am pretty confident I can make these frames work (assuming Venge SL2 has similar S&R) although I have a fitting booked to dial in a position.

Thanks

Dirty32

by Dirty32

That new Canyon certainly looks the business... I like it, and the Katusha paintscheme and groupset / wheels certainly suit.

Maybe a bit of a cheaper option (can get some fantastic deals on the outgoing model, where the only changes are a different paintjob and an Internal Di2 battery, although as a fully built bike), but what about the Giant Propel, or what about a Cervelo S5 (which many on here will attest to, and recommend)?

Any BMC's tickle your fancy?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bfno

by bfno

Don't mind a BMC SLR01 but they are a little bit more expensive where I live. Propels aren't bad but they depreciate quick so I would want to buy 2nd hand and I need quite a big frame (I'm 6"2') which makes locating one quite hard as they all seem to be cut too short. As for the S5, it just doesn't tickle my fancy. Don't know what it is but I just hate it aesthetically and although it probably rides very well, I don't want a bike that doesn't make me happy.

gravity

by gravity

Aeroad have a very long waiting list, right? I think the first batch of order is not yet released. But I might be wrong..

bfno

by bfno

A couple people have them. One has been posted on this forum. The expected delivery for the one I am looking at would arrive late May which is not too bad.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tinozee

by tinozee

Just an opinion, but out of those I'd go with either of the S-Works. Then again I just switched from a Tarmac to an Evo (not fully my choice but I am psyched to ride it). I had been ogling the Aeroad, but I couldn't find any reviews by people who actually race bikes and I would have to get it shipped from a dutch friend... and wait. Finally, the AX looks great as a climbing bike, but I can't imagine it's great for sprints.