Mavic Ksyrium SLR Vs Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Ordered from Bike-discount.de

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Quick iphone snap before the maiden ride. First impressions are... I love them, very stiff and solid feeling. Considering removing the arrow decals while i'm taking off the warning sticker.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VTBike

by VTBike

Looks awesome!!! Great choice. I would definitely remove the arrow stickers. Especially since they are going the wrong way. Quite annoying (to me anyway).

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Thanks! Yeah, I'm very happy with how they look on the bike.

5DII

by 5DII

Look pretty sweet! Hows the braking compared to a standard aluminum rim? Are the graphics on the rim reflective? (I read that somewhere)

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Thanks, 5DII. The braking is outstanding, much better than the pacenti sl23's I was using before, and without the howl that I've heard the Ksyrium SLRs suffer from. That might be bc I set up the pads with toe in. The arrows don't appear to be reflective but the little "F" is.

nickl

by nickl

carlcurry wrote:One more thing worth noting on the Fulcrum's. Unless you know you will use tubeless I'd buy clincher. I have one set of 2-way fit Racing Zero's, and fixing a flat on the road with a Conti Grand Prix 4 Season is a PITA. It's a much tighter fit than the clincher wheelset.

I think that's the same for most tubeless wheels. I have an Ultegra tubeless wheelset and putting new GP4000S' on them sucks. I usually can't get them on by hand, and I've broken at least 3 tyre-levers on them.

(Fulcrum wheels are nice, BTW)

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Ksyrium Sle

jimborello

by jimborello

Ltoddokc wrote:Ordered from Bike-discount.de

Come on guys, try buying first from our host website. bike-discount.de doesnt have a cool website where we can come spend our time like Starbike.com If you find something cheaper else where shoot them an email and most of the times they are able to help.

Having said that I love Campagnolo/Fulcrum wheels and their hubs are top notch, Mavic are also good but I think Campa is a step above.

markyboy

by markyboy

fulcrum for me and you can de sticker the arrows on the wheels
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

5DII

by 5DII

we'd love to see another pic if you decide to take off the arrow stickers

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

I've decided to leave them on for now, they're growing on me. And I was mistaken, they are indeed reflective.

5DII

by 5DII

is the sound during braking the same or different compared to standard aluminum rims?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

It's a different sound than a normal rim, but I don't know how to describe it... almost a whooshing or brushing sound. It's so quiet though that you don't really notice unless you're listening for it, which I was.