Easton EC90 Aero 55 tubulars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Thanks for the tip. Still is weird they will not answer the phone or emails, but will answer through Facebook. Either I'm too old to understand or that is just an odd business practice.

tharmor

by tharmor

Gentlemen - does the easton sticker peel off?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

tharmor wrote:Gentlemen - does the easton sticker peel off?

I'm not trying unfortunately ... They look fine to me.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

used these in a few races last year. the spoke count is on the low side so don't expect lightweight-esque stiffness, but i always said with these wheels you win solo, not in a sprint.
they are damn fast though, i remember one race where my setup(felt ar frame with these wheels)caused havoc in a long, straight descent.
i didn't have time to find the best brakepad for wet weather before i had to return them, and they were full of water after a race in crazy rain. i drilled 2 small drainage holes but didn't ride them in the rain after that, so i don't know how that works out.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

ajh wrote:Has anyone used these and can provide a review?

I thought i might revitalise this post as Im on the verge of pulling the trigger on these guys (only $1450 new!). Ive heard bad things generally about Easton wheels, but I've only heard good things about these wheels. Has anyone had any issues with the hubs/are the hubs any good?

Oestnsibly the positives are that they are deep, have aero credentials and are pretty light compared to the competition. Only weakness is that they are Easton!
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

10 months and still zero problems. Easton used to be a big name for components, not sure what changed people's opinion. I had their cranks years back which broke but they refunded me and that's that. They might have pulled the plug on the E100 wheels but if they find it difficult to produce a reliable product out of it, I see that as a plus for the company actually.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

are

by are

Did you buy them? I'm thinking about it, too.

zappafile123 wrote:
ajh wrote:Has anyone used these and can provide a review?

I thought i might revitalise this post as Im on the verge of pulling the trigger on these guys (only $1450 new!). Ive heard bad things generally about Easton wheels, but I've only heard good things about these wheels. Has anyone had any issues with the hubs/are the hubs any good?

Oestnsibly the positives are that they are deep, have aero credentials and are pretty light compared to the competition. Only weakness is that they are Easton!

zappafile123

by zappafile123

are wrote:Did you buy them? I'm thinking about it, too.

Not yet. I am kinda poor atm :P I might be buying a set of second hand Fulcrum XLR dark lables for $1000 instead.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

dvdslw

by dvdslw

Butcher wrote:The biggest problem with Easton is getting a hold of their service department. I have tried for 6 months now and have had no luck. I had a connection in the past and always had great service. Now that she is gone, it appears no one even works there.

I have been interested in the Tubeless version of the Aero 55's and the new 38mm EC90SL's coming out later this month so I've e-mailed and called Easton to get product info several times. Each time I call they answer the phone, each time I send an e-mail I get a response that day or the next. My other set of Easton Wheels are the Havens on my 29er that had a voluntary recall a few years back and they sent me a shipping label, replaced my rear hub, and sent the wheels back a few weeks later. Couldn't ask for more.

I recently had an issue with some Reynolds wheels I had just purchased and they made me pay for shipping, sent me another set with the same problem, and told me "oh well, we don't see an issue here". Needless to say the Reynolds wheels are gone!

Easton has gone through a bit of a restructure recently since Race Face bought them, then Fox bought Race Face so maybe they're going through a bit of a transition but it appears that they are back up a running and have new products appearing everywhere at the moment. The head of the Cycling division said they were going back to their roots and we should expect to see great things real soon. I'm hoping its true!