100gr saddle - light but too solid

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bigpab

by bigpab

Anyone with experience with the newer SAN MARCO ASPIDE SUPERLEGGERA the old one without padding was comfy...im on a selle italia slr tekno flow...and is time for a new saddle... i want a bit more padding than the teknoflow which has basically none....
the superleggera has pebax... anyone has one and can share or compare to the type of padding of it?
atm im between the tekno and a syncros rr1.0 carbon with a very little padding i think its very similar to the prologo zero c3 pas i like the padding but would prefer cut or open
Thanks
Last edited by bigpab on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

HillRPete wrote:Obviously saddles are probably about the hardest to discuss. But, I've found the Selle San Marco Aspide Composite super comfortable (predecessor of current Superleggera, which I haven't tried). You just need to sit back far enough to get the wings to flex. Nice side effect is that sitting on the higher rear part will relieve the soft tissue. Never thought a carbon saddle would work for me, but this one even does without chamois (for moderate distances). It's all about what fits your rear.

Edit: After a ride on the Aspide Composite I once again realized how much flex it has for a rider in the 70kg range. For heavier riders it might be too flexy.

I can't put it any better than you, so I won't try! I completely agree.

I've ridden the Aspide Composite and currently ride the earlier Aspide Superlegerra (non-padded) for a combined 7 (?!) years and counting. They're ever so slowly different in my opinion with the earlier Composite being more concave from tip to stern, but both rate a solid two thumbs-up.