Shiv di2 - saxo\quickstep

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Anyone seen the new shivs from saxo or quickstep in person or spy shots? Historically it's been a challenge to wire di2 on these things up front but it looks like the junction box up front is internal now - anyone seen the front end clear enough to know how?

In other news glad to see the forum back up - hopefully it sticks ..
Just ride ..

Grill

by Grill

Easy enough if you stick the EW90A or B junction on the seatpost and use multiple JC41's to daisy chain everything.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I thought so - but would it still be easy to pull the aero bars off and disconnect them ...

The photos don't show any junction boxes on the rear of their Shiv's however so is it possible to run a closed loop with no 3\5port junction - and for updating and charging, simply use a 3 port ew90 with an extra wire .... and attach it to the rear derailleur to charge and update?
Just ride ..

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

itsacarr wrote:I thought so - but would it still be easy to pull the aero bars off and disconnect them ...

The photos don't show any junction boxes on the rear of their Shiv's however so is it possible to run a closed loop with no 3\5port junction - and for updating and charging, simply use a 3 port ew90 with an extra wire .... and attach it to the rear derailleur to charge and update?

That's what I do on mine.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Thanks for the tip! So I have to ask - since you don't have a EW90 junction in the system, or on the front .... if you travel with your tt bike, is it difficult to disconnect the front or do you have enough slack not to worry when you pull your bars off?
Just ride ..