Kask Protone - anyone got one yet?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Any body out there have a Kask Protone yet? Was thinking of one as an alternative to the Giro Synthe. I got a Synthe and I wasn't that impressed. I don't think I like the Roc Loc Air that suspends the shell above your head. The Protone looks more traditional in that the shell sits on your head with the pads as the interface.

Also, I don't like the way the Synthe helmet straps are anchored in the helmet shell in the back so that they are effectively two sets of straps. Previous Giro roc loc systems have the strap pass through the rear of the roc loc and continue on to the other side with no interruption. This change means, for me at least, the buckle sits down in the center whereas I am used to adjusting them so the buckle sits off to the side when fastened.

If you do have a Protone, what are your thoughts?

trustbran

by trustbran

Is it even out yet? or at least in the U.S. as I would also like to get my hands on one ASAP.... Anyone know where to get one please tell so :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bfno

by bfno

Don't have one but they are available (well at least in Aus). A couple mortals rocking them here at the TDU.
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

toiyuet

by toiyuet

BdaGhisallo wrote:Also, I don't like the way the Synthe helmet straps are anchored in the helmet shell in the back so that they are effectively two sets of straps. Previous Giro roc loc systems have the strap pass through the rear of the roc loc and continue on to the other side with no interruption. This change means, for me at least, the buckle sits down in the center whereas I am used to adjusting them so the buckle sits off to the side when fastened.

That' s exactly what I thought about Synthe, too.

tibikeboy

by tibikeboy

I am interested in one also.

@trustbran, I checked glorycycles.com which is in Greenville, SC - they posted the Kask Protone is expected to become available March 25, 2015.

Hope that helps.

trustbran

by trustbran

Thanks for the heads up tibikeboy! Dang March is a long way out, I'm impatient.....Maybe I'll try to snatch one from Australia or UK, heard its already forsale out there...

Balti

by Balti

Yo ando detras de comprar uno.
Aunque he visto el Giro y synthe y me ha gustado lo compacto que es.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please only post in English on the Weight Weenies website. The forum is international and a lot of people don’t understand a word from what you have written.

gregalfa

by gregalfa

I am getting a sample production today. Try and let you guys know how it fits
The Great CarboniO

Carrots

by Carrots

They're not on shelves herein Aus yet. Local Conti team Drapac has been usign them for a while now. The odd sponsored and/or connected individuals have them as well.

Meant to be on sale here in March. Rumour has it they're only going to be sold here in size Medium.... Which will suck for some of us!

eric01

by eric01

For those who have tried, do they fit more oval or round? I realized I have a very oval head. Side to side for most helmets is quite loose while front back is snug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

sd5500

by sd5500

I'm looking at these helmet as well. I've only found 1 review and it was very positive.

gregalfa

by gregalfa

The fit is better than Evade as well as ventilation. However, Protone with Oakley has a bit of problem if the arms are long, Radar or Radar lock for example. My friends tried it and like it and your head does not look like a mushroom.
The Great CarboniO

sd5500

by sd5500

It sure seems like it has a lot of vents up front for an "aero" helmet, especially compared to their Infinity. If I had to guess, I'd say their Infinity did not do well in sales. One thing I like about the Infinity is that it looks like it would be good for cool/cold days and rainy ones as well.

chanthony

by chanthony

I have the Synthe and it's super comfy. I'd try the Kask but it's so pricey, as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trustbran

by trustbran

Damn March seems so far....sheesh I'm impatient but I want this helmet now :)