Will a Lazer Genesis fit my large head?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jspaceman

by jspaceman

I'm in the market for a new helmet. Currently I have a Giro Ionos size L. I tried a Giro Aeon size L at a local bike shop and it fits me like a glove. I could barely feel it was there. However, I want something with a lower profile than the Ionos and Aeon. Which leads me to the Lazer Genesis. From reading reviews online it appears as though it has a low profile, and it's a lot cheaper than the Aeon too. But I'm wondering whether it would fit my big head.

The largest size the Genesis comes in is an L, which will fit a 59-61cm head. Measuring my head with a tape measure gives me somewhere around the 60-61cm range, which puts me at the upper end of the size L Genesis. I have a bit of a bump on the back of my head, similar to this guy's --> http://i48.tinypic.com/28svtib.jpg

Would I be safe with a size L Genesis? If I could find a local shop that sold them I'd go and try one on, but as far as I know nobody around here (Ontario, Canada) carries them.

jspaceman

by jspaceman

Turns out the answer is no. I found a bike shop in Ottawa that had a large Genesis in stock. Tried it on, no dice. Too tight around the front.

So I got a Giro Synthe instead. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com