Engage broken frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

New England Patriots of cycling parts/components?
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Funny how the story changes. Just return the bike and get your money back. That is all you can ask for. Any other option has to be worked out. Getting a new frame for a used bike is not what I would consider a good deal if I was the company. Seems like your asking more for something that was out of Axel's control [Yes, I do not believe they intentionally sent you an obviously cracked frame. If it was a very small crack that was not so obvious, then maybe it was a screw up.].

Send it back, get your money, and turn the page.

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

rovale wrote:Then I asked was replaced the frame with the same brand and size and asked were refunded to me 200 Euros asked me by my LBS for the bike disassembly, reassembly and cables replacement . Ax said that they have no intention of supporting this expense and told me to return at my cost the bike, that is already paid and than they will change the frame with a 55cm frame and send back to me the bike . You must know shipping from Italy to Germany would cost me about 150/200 Euros. Is this a normal behavior ? Does a brand like ax-lightness usually extremely badly treat their customers or I'm unlucky?
Any idea? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

use a cheaper shipping service for EU countries.
as spedire.com or spediresubito.com ... i shipped a frame with 25 euro in Portugal ... doing 2 parcels you can pay 50-60-70 but not 200 euro

don't want to talk about AX way of solving this issue.
http://eliflap.it/

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Shipping issue for sure. I must state that I have had very good email response and service from Ax-Lightness.

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

if this was about Cervelo, Trek or Specialized (oh the horror) This thread would be 10 pages of bashing right now. That won't happen with a site sponsor like AX and all the claviculas on the bikes in here :wink:
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I can as all of us, undertand the situation is all but funny and mostly i feel sorry for rovale. I also must say, i can't believe and don't believe Ax Lightness would ever sell and send a broken frame.
Boxes are not treated as fragile babies, so most likely it is a blow to the box during transit.
Looking at the damage as shown in picture it sure looks like the frame has taken a hit/ blow.

Hope it works out repairing your frame rovale!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

tinozee

by tinozee

The support fan boys they think they are giving to the brand undermines it big time. Consumers who spend big coin know this type of reaction is a red flag. In my book the customer is always right even when he's wrong, and that's why we buy tons of insurance.

rovale

by rovale

wheelsONfire wrote:I can as all of us, undertand the situation is all but funny and mostly i feel sorry for rovale. I also must say, i can't believe and don't believe Ax Lightness would ever sell and send a broken frame.
Boxes are not treated as fragile babies, so most likely it is a blow to the box during transit.
Looking at the damage as shown in picture it sure looks like the frame has taken a hit/ blow.

Hope it works out repairing your frame rovale!

Hi, I think everything is possible. The frame possible has taken a hit during trasport.
Thr bike was inadvertently shipped broken? possible?I think no.... but possible, anyway the customer care behavior have no excuse.
They offered me replacement with a wrong size frame 55 I bought 52.5. All my bikes were and are 53max53.5.
I declared was available to pay a difference and have an Ax frame in my size: they asked me 2100 euro!!!!!!!!!
I think have no way of exit.....I'll ask paypal refound and send back the bike....how said Butcher "Send it back, get your money, and turn the page".
I'll put a big X on Ax products

wingguy

by wingguy

Ok, at this point I don't get what you're still angry about. A full refund is a perfectly reasonable result. If they don't have another Engage in your size then they don't have one, and there's no reason why they should have to upgrade you to a current, state of the art frame at the same discounted rate that you got the clearance frame for. Some companies might do that as a goodwill gesture, but it's up to them.

So, if you get a full refund and don't have to pay for shipping then that's as much as you can or should expect.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Ask AX if they have a preferred shipper and said account with shipper. Ax should put it on their tab and then refund you the auction price when they get the bike back. What wineguy said above is really the most you can expect.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Boxes can be easily damaged. It does not take much.

Axel has always been responsive to me. I have been a very Long time customer.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Martin.dk wrote:if this was about Cervelo, Trek or Specialized (oh the horror) This thread would be 10 pages of bashing right now. That won't happen with a site sponsor like AX and all the claviculas on the bikes in here :wink:

Clavicula = THM
Speedplay is the devil!

spookyload

by spookyload

File a claim with ebay as everyone is saying. I don' think AX tried to hide anything from you, just bad luck in shipping. To expect them to pony up a new frame that costs more because the used frame you bought from them got damaged is asking too much. If you had purchased a new frame from them, then yes, pay the difference between the two frames. You purchased a used bike however. As for your LBS fees...sorry, you took that endeavor on your own. Taking it apart before you had a replacement was your call, not theirs. If you have a valid claim, ebay will sort it out.

SteveMT

by SteveMT

:) Has this "problem" been resolved yet?

Are you satisfied now with Axel being a member of this forum and his writing a detailed response addressing your concerns? I hope so. I agree that there is nothing more frustrating than expecting to get something really good, like a new bike, then come to find out that something has gone wrong. It's called life in an imperfect world. There are much worse things. Be happy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sharkman

by sharkman

The only customer friendly solution (but this is something Ax lightness isn't known for, believe me buy new and you get a reaction in the same category and and at that point life's a b****) is replacing the broken frame for a 52.5 frame and if this is not possible taken the bike back at a full refund including shipping. Talking about the value of a frameset is rubbish since the customer bought a complete bike at a for him proper size.
Being in bike business and offering a 55 frameset might be interesting for clearing inventory but comes in the same category as give a customer someone elses specs after a guarantee problem (they are new but the customer can't see a thing....).